+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding Fury in 4.0

I heard that expertise cap was different today and did some testing. With expertise rating of 152 (+ human racial for maces and swords), hitting the boss level target dumbie from behind, I had absolutely no dodges. Is it possible then lowered the expertise rating needed to cap, or is it likely a bug?

Yeah, TGM is a lil psychotic on the math side. Kinda silly.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

TGM also knows as Charlie Epps

Quote Originally Posted by Ronninn View Post
    I heard that expertise cap was different today and did some testing. With expertise rating of 152 (+ human racial for maces and swords), hitting the boss level target dumbie from behind, I had absolutely no dodges. Is it possible then lowered the expertise rating needed to cap, or is it likely a bug?
    It's looking indeed that, for whatever reason, the amount of expertise required to get zero dodges has been lowered. Extensive testing (50,000+ hits in some cases) on EJ has shown zero dodges at 172 expertise rating.

As amazing as it may seem I am not a math major and I have no intentions of majoring in math. I also have never taken a prob/stats class even though most of the math these days is revolves around percent occurrences. The highest level math course I have taken was highschool calculus. However I am fairly good at noticing/remembering patterns and I enjoy playing around with numbers. And yes, I am at least partially crazy.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

im just pretty amused by your math GJ and GL on the guide anyhow, has helped a bucket load allready

Quote Originally Posted by Macbrother View Post
    There was definitely another buff between this morning and this afternoon, I logged out *barely* making 7k, now I'm able to do 9.1k.

Also, another factor, although it seems anti-intuitive, I'm not sure if one of the talents are bugged, or what, but when I pick up 3/3 incite over 3/3 war academy I consistently lost 300dps, and that's doing 4 3:30 tests for both, so I just went back to the original 3/31/2 and sticking with that for now.

Lastly, I did go back and change my Haste-> Hit reforging to Crit-> Hit/Haste, and I did gain a (small) amount of 300dps. Just things to keep in mind.
    Sorry to tell you this they went to far its impossible to tank for fury warriors now they are worse than mages were.

I had a fury from chromagnus doing 15K in a heroic all you can do is basically spam taunt every CD. They need to drop the buff to about half what they buffed fury.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    Sorry to tell you this they went to far its impossible to tank for fury warriors now they are worse than mages were.
    It makes things interesting, sure but only in AoE really.

Been farming heroics with my husband, he's a prot warrior, and I end up tanking half the stuff if there is AoE (with a pug tank I end up tanking it all). On single target fights he has no problems though. Same in raid, I pretty much take all the aggro (along with mages and locks) but then on bossfights prot tank is doing much better than before 4.0.1.

Should I spec for 3/3 War academy? or Incite

Sorry might be a dumb ass question, but anyway i'll be dumb then lol

What did you guys regem with, considering the gems which we got were nothing good.
    go for gems with crit/hit/haste ?
    Or just go for Str/Str-Crit/Str-Stam

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas90 View Post
    Should I spec for 3/3 War academy? or Incite
    Although 3/3 Incite would seem like a dps increase, I actually lost about 300dps in my tests with it, so I'm sticking with 3/3 War Academy until I see definite evidence otherwise. I encourage everyone to do their own testing on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    Sorry might be a dumb ass question, but anyway i'll be dumb then lol

What did you guys regem with, considering the gems which we got were nothing good.
    go for gems with crit/hit/haste ?
    Or just go for Str/Str-Crit/Str-Stam
    Pick up all socket bonuses, Str in Red, Str/Haste in Yellow, Str/Hit in blue.

This new Fury rotation is really interesting. I love the unconventional nature; the emphasis on white damage, the priority attack being off the GCD... it's neat. I hope it stays the same at level 85.

If we are to believe the intention of blizzard and specifically Ghostcrawler i wont stay the same. GC said this last month:

It's not important to keep Slam scaling with haste so long as Arms scales with haste. It's only a problem if you'd get to the point of dropping Slam from your rotation or something, which we think is unlikely. We'll make sure Heroic Strike never eclipses Slam. Heroic Strike isn't supposed to be a button you're ever excited about pushing at the expense of something else. It's just there so the rage doesn't go to waste.
    I know its a reference to a question about the arms rotation, but the implication for fury should be the same. HS IS supposed to be our ragedump and NOT our primary rotational ability. And Slam should be better - so in that sense Blizz has failed their own goal as stated above..

EDIT: He also said this

We're not worried about Heroic Strike ever beating Slam. If that happens, it's just a tuning problem easily solved.
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 10-18-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Erkebrand View Post
    If we are to believe the intention of blizzard and specifically Ghostcrawler i wont stay the same. GC said this last month:

I know its a reference to a question about the arms rotation, but the implication for fury should be the same. HS IS supposed to be our ragedump and NOT our primary rotational ability. And Slam should be better - so in that sense Blizz has failed their own goal as stated above..

EDIT: He also said this
    Then I hope he realizes that HS is hitting harder than Slam right now because HS > Slam in our rotations and it's useless to slam because the cost of rage it does and the fact that we're tied closely with our GCD.

Furthermore, they better add more than one attack to proc Bloodsurge because only hitting BT and giving it a 30% chance is a near guarantee that it won't be used as often as they like. Simply put, you're not giving it enough chance. Maybe 50% might be a better number? I won't kid myself when I say that I know which number it would be not to break the game but I just feel like Slam is just not up often enough for me to warrant pressing the button.

Tankspot Moderator

at the same time it's important to remember that they really do not care that much about ability balance right now, just like they haven't during all of the other x.0 patches. OH crit's proccing MH stacks of deep wounds anyone? most of this will drastically change at 85.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    at the same time it's important to remember that they really do not care that much about ability balance right now, just like they haven't during all of the other x.0 patches. OH crit's proccing MH stacks of deep wounds anyone? most of this will drastically change at 85.
    True enough however looking at what is happening between now and 85, you can see that not many of our abilities are changing. We're getting Colossal Smash which will be added first and foremost all the time to get damage through armor, however that isn't adding a new ability and as such, we're still tied with one ability: HS.

Now will the damage of Slam and Heroic Strike change from 80 to 85, that I don't know. But right now, all I can say is that there's only five levels worth of difference and I don't see it happening unless they decide to actually change the numbers right about now. Granted like you said, they're not going to do it right now, and will most likely touch that up at 85 if it still is the case.

Truthfully? I prefer this method of play than to rely on Slam's proc. Probably personal preference and all but I like how the spec is jiving right now.

Tankspot Moderator

hello TGM. i cannot thank you enough for all the help you gave to warriors like me and anybody else that read this thread. I just have 1 questioin. I would link my armory so you can inspect me well but I cannot atm because i just shows my pvp gear because the armory is lagging.. It shows my gear from 2-3 days ago when i logged out. Anyways i am a 6.1k gs fury warrior 4/4 set peice and heroic 25 man dreamwalker legs. I am 27% hit with 26/26 expertise. My trinkets I use DBW and H-Whisp fanged skull. Last night we ran a Ruby sanctum pug and killed Halion 25 man. Sharpened Twilight Scale dropped i rolled a 96... I won it immeditely got responds offering me 15-20k gold. Immediately said no way! I took the trinket and went over to target dummies. (i did 11.2k on halion btw) anyways I ended at 8.6k dps on target dummy. When I used H-whisp fanged skull I did 8.8k. 1 big reason for this I think is that i didnt re-forge Twilight scale because i could not trade it after. So... I sold it for gold. Now in your opinion what are the best trinkets for fury warriors. I ran the spreadsheats on maxdps.com and they dont seem accurate enough. If I can get your opinion on if herkuml war token is better than h-whisp fanged skull Id appericiate it. I know this answer is based on my gear but I will take a screen-shot of my character screen when i get home. TYVM for reading this.

are there any results about stat-priorities haste>strength? i just tested gemming

yellow: haste
    red: strength/haste

and I got that feeling the dps went up but I'm not really sure. It really looks weird to me runnin' with 1058 haste (32.27%) and I don't know if its worth it because I lost about 500 AP. I'm a little bit confused^^. Anyone tested something like this too?

Here is a question, TGM you mentioned reforging Crit -> Hit and Crit -> Haste. In a 25m raid setting is it really worthwhile reforging Crit -> Haste? I was wondering if we might be near rage capped in a 25m but I haven't had the chance to raid 25m yet so I have no idea. If we had near infinite rage then I would think Crit would be far more important but perhaps that isn't possible yet in which case I would understand getting more haste.

right now in order to fill the GCD table and have 100% HSF you would need to be generating 23.33 rage per second. we should be stacking haste until we hit that point, and after that point we should itemize for crit and maybe even mastery

+ Reply to Thread