+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding Fury in 4.0

Thank you so much for the Video....

So I reforged most of my crit --> Hit and now I'm at 24.82 percent
    On Herkuml War token trinket I reforged the haste to get closer to the cap as well.

My is haste is now at 16ish percent and my crit is around 36ish percent with Battleshout up. Now Hit> Haste > Crit correct?

Any advice on what I should do to get my dps up?

Does it matter if Crit falls below 30 to get to the Hit cap?

No hard hit cap and haste are better than crit anytime till you are maxing rage then drop some haste.

Ok ty so much for the help TGM and all that contributed im once again pulling 15 to 16k on bosses. only that the rotation feels wierd and boaring oh well. Thanks again!

Thought I would report in and let you know how the guide has worked for me.

Target Dummy

Hit 27.19%
    Haste 24%
    Crit 35.92%
    Mastery:8.00
    AP 5345 (self buffed)
    Expertise 38 (I know, I know)

8749.6 dps per second

Heroic Strike was first with Min 5.1k and max of 19k. Avg was 10.3k and was 31.2% of dps. Hit/Crit was 56/44%
    Melee was second ranging from 1.0k - 7.2k. Avg was 3k and was 28.9% of dps. Hit/Crit was 41/32% and glancing was 26.4%
    Bloodthirst was 3rd ranging from 4.1k - 15.2k. Avg was 8.2 and was 24.7% of dps. Hit/Crit was 54/46%
    Raging blow was last ranging 1.8k - 13.4k, avg of 5.1k. It was 15.2% of dps. Hit/Crit was 64/36%

I didnt use slam! because I was still pretty rage starved spamming HS. I gemmed for strength except for 2 hit gems and 4 Hit/Haste gems. Everything was reforged from crit to hit.

I am wondering if my crit is too low. It may be that crit needs to be higher to keep flurry up.... and that could be hurting rage generation.

Let me know how you all do....
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

You can drop some of your expertise. I actually dropped mine below 26 and just eat food to pick it up. All of my stats are close to yours except the crit which I keep about the 40%. I switched trinkets from the Whispering Skull to the 264 frost badge haste trinket. The 264 trink has haste and you can reforge that or DBW (if you have) to hit if you needed it.

I am very rarely out of rage. If I am, I pop Battle/Commanding shout.

I am hitting about 10k on the dummy on average.

heres my question... is Titan's Grip better than Single Minded Fury and why?

As Kamiell said, pretty boring rotation. But huge thanks to you TGM, really appreciate the thread and all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Leorance View Post
    heres my question... is Titan's Grip better than Single Minded Fury and why?
    Currently the only weapon that would be decent for SMF is black bruise, but because it is mainhand only it leaves us with no decent offhand choices, making SMF's DPS fall behind

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8...1610125516.jpg

Im getting like 6.2k DPS on a dummy with a 5800 GS is that way to low?

Ive been testing with 1 handers and 2 handers. I can hit 9,8 dps on dummy after hotfix with 2 handers. With 1 handers i reach 7,7k.

Stats 2 handers:
    21% haste
    26,57% Hit
    33% crit
    29/26 exp
    5165AP

stats 1 handerS:
    15,77% haste
    27% hit
    4425AP
    26/26 exp
    crit 33,20%

I got between 6 and 6,1 gs. The dps difference between of 2 handers and 1 handers will be partly because of not having decent weapons. But personally i think 2 handers still win from 1 handers if the stats are decent on 1 handers. (I might be wrong).

Can somebody check the link I just posted, how in the hell do you guys so much dps when I just do like 6k

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas90 View Post
    Can somebody check the link I just posted, how in the hell do you guys so much dps when I just do like 6k
    What are you using in your attack rotation?

It means you are doing something wrong. And regardless of how good our observations skills may or may not be, simply providing us a screenshot will not provide us with enough data to identify the problem.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

What is your rotation?

I am unable to hop in game has the hotfix with blood surge making slam free been put in yet?

Just a BTW for all 2 of you that might be interested in this:

we can fairly accurately determine n (attacks per 3 swings) using the hits/sec data from my work on enrage uptime. hits/sec from instant attacks will not exceed 7/6 so you can determine the 3 swing period of your weapons and multiply it by 7/6, then add 3. if you are interested in getting an even more accurate value of n you can start accounting for usage gaps for each ability (such as in reality slam should have an average value of 17/200 hits/sec instead of 1/6)

Can anybody post a video with the emphasize on the rotation? I cant get it down..

spam HS. use other abilities when you have the rage to do so, but don't get rage starved to the point that you can't do HS constantly. it is exactly the same concept as before except now instead of HS being the rage dump, the abilities that are on the GCD are the rage dump.

if you have problems getting it down then just practice more.

holy fuck.. saw the math in your first post.. do you have a math degree or something?
    anyways, cheers mon! great work, i ow you one!

I can link the logs from our latest raid, preHotfix though, if its any help to your calulations

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9383/hsspamonly.png
    Last edited by Pesko; 10-16-2010 at 08:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread