+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Fury in 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    it's not completely useless as it has some DPS value, but said DPS value is quite low, making mastery something that is nifty to have, but it's nothing that you should go out of your way to get.
    Could you please explain to me how fury war mastery works? As much as I read it, I cant seem to grasp it.

Ok so I've been following the thread and making my adjustments to my gear. I want to thank TGM, Squirrel and everyone else for all of the great info. But I seemed to have missed the weapon enchant part. So for fury it's still stack Berzerking on both weapons now? or are there alternatives now? Thanks for the help.

Quick questions on trinkets: I am currently using http://www.wowhead.com/item=50342 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=50355. Is the Tiny Abom an upgrade, since hit cap has become important milestone to hit in fury, post 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by elio View Post
    Quick questions on trinkets: I am currently using http://www.wowhead.com/item=50342 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=50355. Is the Tiny Abom an upgrade, since hit cap has become important milestone to hit in fury, post 4.0.
    My experience from tests on the Boss dummy is that both those trinkets are close to each other, when it comes to DPS output. I did 8 minute tests a hile ago, and DPS was about the same.

Don't forget though that self buffed dummy dps =/= raid buff boss dps. Get it if you can and try out the different combinations while raid buffed. That's probably not what you want to hear but ofc it's the only way to be sure.

As with almost all other gear related questions... it depends on your particular stats. Yes reaching hit cap for Fury is VERY important currently, however you have the capability to reforge so 27% hit can be reached fairly easily with decent gear.

In your particular case regarding Whispering Fanged Skull, Herkuml War Token & Tiny Abom I would tend to prefer the first two because crit is very helpful in maintaining good Flurry up-time while Herkumal both improves haste as well as AP. Haste is a pretty good stat for Fury currently as it helps rage gen and allows you to spam Heroic Strike without becoming rage deprived.

I would tend to expect scaling in raids to benefit your current 2 trinkets but the best approach would be to record a couple weeks of testing on benchmark fights such as Saurfang & Festergut with different combinations to see what results you get. With all that being said, I have always passed on the Tiny Abom as other classes really want it and it has seemed like a side-grade at best for Warriors.

Thanks Squirrel- it was gonna be sharded so I took it to try it out.

Will try next couple weeks with benchmark fights.

I guess no one can explain fury mastery huh?

No one cares enough to try beyond what was already mentioned in the original post:
    Mastery:
    Deathwish component:
    per 1pt of mastery you gain 0.0626% extra damage from DW
    DW has a CD of 144s with 2/2 intensify rage, and lasts 30s

30/144=20.83% uptime
    0.626*.2083=0.013041% overall damage increase from DW

Enrage component:
    per 1pt of mastery you gain 0.313% extra damage from enrage
    I don't have an accurate value for an average enrage uptime, so per the % damage gain from enrage is this:
    0.0313*X
    X= uptime
    it's a nice linear equation, if you can't visualize it just google an online graphing calculator.
    this means that we can add the two together and simply say the value of mastery is
    1pt= (0.0313*X+0.013041)*100 % DPS increase
    PS. the above math is wildly inaccurate. it does not account for increasing RB damage and it doesn't account for a lot of things.
    Essentially Mastery, although interesting, simply doesn't provide enough value right now at lvl80 to be worth taking over alternative stats. It improves enrage effects but that doesn't translate into high enough DPS numbers to really compare at this point. As such, the priority seems to remain: Str > Crit = Haste > Mastery while being sure to maintain 27% hit and 23 expertise.

It will be re-evaluated come 85.

the equation in my OP is not entirely accurate as it does not account for mastery's effect on RB damage, and the fact that RB double dips from mastery. if you want a more accurate value of mastery, use the spreadsheet in the OP.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    No one cares enough to try beyond what was already mentioned in the original post:

Essentially Mastery, although interesting, simply doesn't provide enough value right now at lvl80 to be worth taking over alternative stats. It improves enrage effects but that doesn't translate into high enough DPS numbers to really compare at this point. As such, the priority seems to remain: Str > Crit = Haste > Mastery while being sure to maintain 27% hit and 23 expertise.

It will be re-evaluated come 85.
    I know the priorities and such. I just figured there had to be more to our mastery due to how insignificant it seems.

Since Im a lil short on time I didnt read the whole post, just the first page and skimmed through some others, so this may have already been asked, but for gemming, enchanting, reforging, and all that, the priority is;

Hit/Exp>Str>Crit>Haste?

or are Haste and Crit flip flopped or am I just completely wrong?

Besides Death Wish, Enrage, Raging Blow and Enraged Regeneration do Mastery affect Berserker Rage or any other abilities in any way?
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    Since Im a lil short on time I didnt read the whole post, just the first page and skimmed through some others, so this may have already been asked, but for gemming, enchanting, reforging, and all that, the priority is;

Hit/Exp>Str>Crit>Haste?

or are Haste and Crit flip flopped or am I just completely wrong?
    I think it depends on your crit percentage. Charts over at Elitist Jerks show that after about 33-35% crit, the vaule of crit goes down significantly.

Anybody noticed some changes in their DPS since 4.0.3a?

I noticed a ~25% decrease in DPS, losing approximately 5-6k DPS. (~22.5k --> 16.5k)

I fixed my spreadsheet to account for the changes:
    http://www.filefront.com/17552812/en...eadsheet.xlsx/

Some interesting things I am noticing are that currently it's suggesting that once hard hit capped, Mastery>crit>haste.

in reality the value of haste is different, because my spreadsheet is not factoring DPS based on rage management so basically the DPS value is assuming that you are rage capped, which will definitely not be the case in cataclysm, so really hastes value should be >mastery.

The DPS calculations seem fairly accurate, as I was doing within 500 dps of what it was saying

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I noticed a bit of a decrease, but I think it put us about where we should be dps wise. I saw about the same decrease TGM saw going from 22.5k to 16.5k on H Festergut. I was still very competitive dps wise with the rest of the group last night. If I made a mistake of 2 in my rotation I wasn't in first place anymore, but if I was bang on I would be fighting for top spot. Seems pretty balanced now that I'm comfortable with the new fury rotation.

HUH dps decrease? what caused that ? i didnt see anything in patch notes, if anything we should have got increase cause our fury mastery was buffed.

EDIT: Ok checked the patch notes propely, my god thats alot of nerfs indeed. I think mastery is worth looking at now imo, while keeping around at least 20% hit. Bit annoying that blizz always works so hard to balance warriors, whilst ignoring other glaring imbalances (howling blast /cough amongst other things).
    Last edited by Krays; 11-25-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    "Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"

So if you hit lvl85 in cata the 27% hitcap still will be needed?

+ Reply to Thread