+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding Fury in 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    Expertise: same value as before
    If you want to say with the before, that expt has the same value than hit, it's wrong, as it doesn't influence the rage gain. (Or to be exact: not (nearly) as much as hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Quietsch View Post
    If you want to say with the before, that expt has the same value than hit, it's wrong, as it doesn't influence the rage gain. (Or to be exact: not (nearly) as much as hit)
    I am pretty sure he meant, that you need the same amount of expertise as you did Pre patch 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nez View Post
    I am pretty sure he meant, that you need the same amount of expertise as you did Pre patch 4.0
    which you don't, so I'll change that in the OP.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

which you don't, so I'll change that in the OP.
    Until you hit 85.

so before i make changes i just want to clarify (as this seemed to have been cast to the wayside). mastery is worthless, atleast for right now correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    so before i make changes i just want to clarify (as this seemed to have been cast to the wayside). mastery is worthless, atleast for right now correct?
    Yes, completely useless. Might even be useless at lvl85.
    Last edited by Ship; 11-08-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: misssssspelllllled
    If the world didn't suck.
    We all fall off...

it's not completely useless as it has some DPS value, but said DPS value is quite low, making mastery something that is nifty to have, but it's nothing that you should go out of your way to get.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Update,
    Me and other fury warrior in guild are now top dps. A great improvement since intro of patch. Havn't got any really big rage problems. Can not put a brick on the keyboard as b4 4.01, but is getting a lot of HS anyways. Rotation is now very simple with semi-spamming HS and BT-RB-BT. Not using instant slam as it is a /slap only. Maybe if they take rage 15 away I will start using it in the rotation, but b4 that its a complete waste.
    With current dps I would expect fury to be nerfed, but maybe they wount as cata is so close.
    We all fall off...

it's not completely useless as it has some DPS value, but said DPS value is quite low, making mastery something that is nifty to have, but it's nothing that you should go out of your way to get.
    Reforged Mastery and seen a big drop. Reforged back immidiately.
    We all fall off...

OK, I'm seeing success in my set up, but I continue to get criticism on gemming. I'm pulling 12-14k constantly on regular 10m LK attempts, I've reforged and gemmed to 27% hit, sitting at @ 38% crit, but only a 15.58% haste. The criticism I'm getting is the crit gems that i didn't replace after they replaced the ArP gems I was loaded with prior to 4.0.1. My question would be then do I swap out those crit gems for str gems as I've been advised or keep with my current set up? I easily am topping my guilds DPS charts on LK by several K, at times as much as 4k difference, so I'm a bit hesitant to change.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ngwary&cn=Maor

I know i need to regem the chest to take advantage of the socket bonus, but other than that I'm open for suggestions and criticism.

depending on youre rage generation you could do well to replace some with str/haste gems

For all Fury Warriors that are a little hesitant on gems....

RED SOCKET = 20 Str (Bold Cardinal Ruby)
    YELLOW SOCKET = 10 Str / 10 Crit (Inscribed Ametrine)
    BLUE SOCKET = 10 Str / 10 Hit (Etched Dreadstone)

There is no question or argument, all Fury Warriors should be gemming based on that right now. This is due to the fact that currently Stat priority is Hit until cap > Expertise until cap > Str > Crit = Haste > Mastery

Due to the fact that matching sockets gives you socket bonuses you are by far best served by using the gems mentioned above in the sockets as listed so that you benefit from all socket bonuses. Once that is done you can then review your gear and reforge to reach all caps:

27% Hit
    23 Expertise (will return to 26 once lvl 85 in cata)
    As much Str/Crit/Haste as you can get

If you follow those basic approaches you will be min/maxed correctly and people in your guild will stop yappin. The most important thing is to min/max so that your performance is the best it can be. It doesn't matter if you top the charts, your competition should be with yourself to do the best that you possibly can and leaving Crit gems is a total waste.

EDIT: After glancing at your armory...
    - Re-gem your chest based on list above
    - Re-gem your Wrists
    - Re-gem both your Axes
    - Re-gem your Hands
    - Re-gem your Belt
    - Re-gem your Legs
    - Re-gem your Boots
    - Re-gem your Rings
    - Big one, Re-spec and get 2/3 Incite (Prot Tree), if you are raiding it is a HUGE waste to have Field Dressing at the cost of losing Incite
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 11-10-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Hey guys, thanks for this thread, it's inspired me to give Fury another shot (I get decent numbers from Arms, but I'd always prefer to do more DPS all things considered). I was wondering how important weapon damage is relative to stats? Specifically, I have lots of ilvl 251 weapons from ICC (all of them, actually) but had been thinking about getting an ilvl 264 pvp weapon since Arms is fairly dependent on weapon damage. Obviously the pvp weapons sacrifice a good chunk of DPS stats, so is the half-tier upgrade worth the stats loss in a fury build?

RB, Whitehits (, WW (unimportant for singletarget) and Slam (very low dmg, so also more or less unimportant)) scale with weapondmg.
    So it's a relative little dps gain (only from the weapondps). It depends mostly on which weapons you could change (so statloss/-gain, speedchange).

So what is the theory crafting once we start leveling. At 81 spec 3/31/3 then respec at 85 to get deep wounds? I'm also thinking that crit levels will be more important with a deep wounds spec, reducing the need for more than 10-15% haste. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts on OH weapon enchant? I have dual zerker atm, but that's just because when I was Arms it was the go-to enchant for every weapon. I know the proc doesn't stack, so is the increase in uptime worth sacrificing a static stat increase on the second weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by TomHuxley View Post
    Any thoughts on OH weapon enchant? I have dual zerker atm, but that's just because when I was Arms it was the go-to enchant for every weapon. I know the proc doesn't stack, so is the increase in uptime worth sacrificing a static stat increase on the second weapon?
    Are you sure? The last time I played TG, it stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietsch View Post
    Are you sure? The last time I played TG, it stacked.
    Then I'm not sure...

...and looking at wowhead, I see I was wrong. Awesome, that answers that. Thanks :-)

So, all of this makes great sense and has born out in brief practice; thanks so much to TGM, Squirrelnut, and all the others who did the hard work to clarify Fury.

My only question at this point is what is the AOE rotation? Obviously WW off of CD; I'd guess Cleave after that...Piercing Howl?...any other priorities?
    Last edited by TomHuxley; 11-11-2010 at 01:58 PM.

WW, Cleave, Bloodthirst, Raging blow and Victory Rush. Piercing howl only slows movement.

+ Reply to Thread