I have the following unbuffed stats right now
    Hit: 25,14 %
    Exp: 6,25 %
    AP: 5575
    Crit:35,78
    Haste:10,58 %
    Mastery: 8 %

Talent: 2/31/3 (full incite)

I just did 5900 dps in a 3 min and 20 sec try (got bored and my finger felt sore) doing nothing but spamming one button (macroed BT+HS) WITHOUT any selfbuffs (no shouts or any cooldowns).

WoWScrnShot_101510_182652.jpg

Try it out :-)
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 10-15-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

I am amused.

Unbuffed, regemmed, reforged stats:
    haste 20,37%
    hit 23.29%
    crit 35.38%
    exp 26

Target dummy fight ~5m
    Spamming BT + HS : 5.7k
    Spamming BT + RB + HS + Use Slam procs : 7k
    Spamming BT + RB + HS - no slam : 7.5k

(armory link - but it hasnt updated with proper gem and reforge yet )

I've been testing all possibility's whit gear, specs and rotations and wanted to share this whit you.

I always made sure i had expertise cap and i had around 40% crit(until last test). The haste was between 8-11%

The first day i hit like 4,5k dps when i went to full mastery so that is not a winner atm(i had soft hit cap).
    After going hit hard cap i hitted 5,4k dps whit 2x 1 hander and 2x 2 hander (both i264) whit normal rotation and slam.

After going BT + HS at same time + spam RB in between i managed to hit 6,5k whit 2 handers and 6,1k whit 1 handers (Looks like 2 handers doing a better job).

Then i saw the post of skisa and i did drop 5% crit for haste and drop some hit aswell.
    My stats are now:
    35% crit
    24,5% hit
    16,5% haste
    5379AP
    and 29/26 expertise

I now hit 7,3k dps whit 2 handers(wasn't perfect). I got a nice rage flow to make sure i can spam BT, HS en RB.
    So it looks like this is the direction a fury should go.

Since armory doesn't seem to be updating gear I would be interested in what 2 trinkets you are using when you did your tests.
    Have you kept DBW and WFS which increase stats posted above when proc'd or have you switch one/both out for hit trinkets like 245 trinket and 219 P Infuser?

OK I had to do alot of changes but here is what i did and the results i got so far.

Had to change the icc 25 man gear i had that was not plate for plate even for ilvl 245 bracers. Changed the ashen veredict ring that i had with agi for the STR one. and all other gear that had agi as a main stat for STR ones (thank god i saved my rings in the bank). my stats now are as follows:

STR: 2472

AP: 5423
    haste: 15%
    hit chance: 26,57% (had to reforge alot of the haste gear to hit)
    crit: 40.54%
    Experties 27
    Mastery 8%

now im pulling 9kish on boss dummy, average on heroic runs 8k and on boses 12k+

the rotation is very funky feeling but its there, no more Aoe abilitys for the most part but at least i dont feel like a carry on bag on grp again.

Will test it on icc 25 heroic tonight and will post if i notice anything.

Trinket is use are DBW & deaths choise. i tested whit hit trinket and haste trinket aswell but this was better.
    To give you a idea about my gear its all 264 except deaths choise and the bracers from toc.

Tonight will be a big test as to how well I do with my DPS on single targets. I'm Especially wanting to get to Saurfang and test that out.

Will post my parse at that point with the following rotation and stats:

3901 AP
    22.54% hit
    37.11% Crit
    29 Expertise (Can't get rid of 16 points somehow. Go figure.)

Rotation will be HS > BT > RB > slam if I got nothing else left.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

~17mins of continuous testing on the heroic target dummy
    2/31/3
    Reforged Crit -> Hit till hard cap, then haste.
    prioritized HS>BT>RB>slam

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    ~17mins of continuous testing on the heroic target dummy
    2/31/3
    Reforged Crit -> Hit till hard cap, then haste.
    prioritized HS>BT>RB>slam
    So...crit is worse than haste which is worse than hit? Did you do math for that or just do it experimentally?

Also you had 238 raging blows and 258 bloodthirsts, but you were prioritizing BT over RB?

hmm interesting. instead of doing BT + HS doing HS > BT > RB (i ignore slam). my dps went to 8,3k.
    I have to add i changed some more crit for haste + hit.

I didn't do any specific calculations, but with how heroic strike is working, the roles of our GCD abilities essentially become our rage dumps, meaning we are scaling much more with rage generation, and the only two stats that have a direct impact on rage generation is hit and haste.

EDIT: also with this method we can actually determine the rage generation required to maintain 100%HSF and use all of our other abilities on CD. from there we can calculate how much haste you need post hard hit cap in order to get this much rage generation. any haste past this point would be devalued and then other stats such as crit and mastery might be prefered
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 10-15-2010 at 02:46 PM.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I didn't do any specific calculations, but with how heroic strike is working, the roles of our GCD abilities essentially become our rage dumps, meaning we are scaling much more with rage generation, and the only two stats that have a direct impact on rage generation is hit and haste.
    I was mostly curious if reforging haste to hit would be better than reforging crit to hit, really. I suppose I can (when I get home) just spend some time reforging and testing. And I'm still curious about how you got so many (relatively) raging blows compared to bloodthirsts when you were prioritizing BT higher.

on recount every time you use raging blow it counts two hits, because it hits with the MH and OH so in reality I did 118 RB's. also I was initially reforging haste-> hit before I changed to Crit->hit/haste, and with just the reforging change alone I experienced a fairly noticeable increase in rage generation, allowing for much more consistent DPS.

For those of you who are curious, Yes I will indeed be making a video guide for fury in 4.0.1

I have already started recording some stuff, but I probably won't release it until I am at least fairly certain blizzard won't change things again.

There was definitely another buff between this morning and this afternoon, I logged out *barely* making 7k, now I'm able to do 9.1k.

Also, another factor, although it seems anti-intuitive, I'm not sure if one of the talents are bugged, or what, but when I pick up 3/3 incite over 3/3 war academy I consistently lost 300dps, and that's doing 4 3:30 tests for both, so I just went back to the original 3/31/2 and sticking with that for now.

Lastly, I did go back and change my Haste-> Hit reforging to Crit-> Hit/Haste, and I did gain a (small) amount of 300dps. Just things to keep in mind.

...but I probably won't release it until I am at least fairly certain blizzard won't change things again.
    Im betting that HS in this OP form wont make it and slam-no-thank-you-maam is also more than likely to be buffed. And I'm certain that blizzard intent for Slam to play a more significant(indicated by the position of Bloodsurge in out talent tree) part in our rotation and for HS to actually be a ragedump and not our primary damage ability. But hey - i will be looking forward for your videos anyway :-)

Piss on slam. I hated the ability for Fury anyway.

I'm all for HS being main attack and being HS post 20, execute 20 and less. GO SPAMMING!

Tankspot Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Piss on slam
    Harsh !

Tankspot Moderator

Video guide is done:

quality will get better once it's completely done processing. Sorry about the incredibly mediocre voiceover work

+ Reply to Thread