+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Losing Socket Bonus' Because They Changed Gem Colors

Losing Socket Bonus' Because They Changed Gem Colors

Okay so gems changed, but I'm going to lose my socket bonus' because they adjusted the gem colors (Intellect is now Red for example), but not the equipment sockets? Great, tons of gold on new gems.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...91400609&sid=1

Solid Majestic Zircon (+30 sta) remains blue and Accurate Dreadstone (+10 exp/+15 sta) remains purple. Only Regal Eye of Zul (+10 dodge/+15 stamina) is green now. I can't see there any problems for tanks at all since we didn't gem for socket boni anyway. You maybe end up swapping two gems around and that's it. Worth a bunch of dailys - nothing more.

Was thinking about my mage and, also, wondering what's going to appear in place of all the ArPen gems in my MM hunter set, I think Crit.

Why did you mark that thread as "tanking" when thinking about your mage? Int is the new spellpower and gems get swapped automatically - everything is fine. Caster will end up with way bigger manapool and thousands of additional hitpoints without loosing any spelldamage at all.

But yes, hunters and all the melees besides almost all DK and Rets are screwed and have to regem all their gear to agi or strength. That "news" was out for quite a while and with some research you could have easily stockpiled the required raw gems. The good news: the transmute cooldown on epic gems is gone! Grab a transmute master with some blue gems (eg: scarlet rubies) and frozen orbs (for eternal fire) in your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Why did you mark that thread as "tanking" when thinking about your mage?
    Basicaly, one of those, "I'm an idiot" moments.

Despite the news being fairly old, I still stand to make an absolute killing off agility and strength gems tomorrow.

Hit is blue, so the hit/str and hit/agi gems now purple.

+ Reply to Thread