+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so Dk's is frost still like this now

so Dk's is frost still like this now

im thinkin,since my guild really needs a frost dk.and i never really liked unholy back when i went it(i always felt like i was gonna facepull something with my ghoul.plus its hard to manage it around CC'd targets) im wondering about going frost

but is it still the same type of rotation it was back when i used to be frost.because it seemed like,if i missed a obliterate on a rime proc my dps went down alot,or is it more forgiving now.i did hear on the ptr that frost actually outdpses unholy now to

or with the whole power auras add on being implemented(or something like it)would it be pretty hard to miss a rime proc now

It's still a very proc-based spec. The solution is to not miss procs

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    It's still a very proc-based spec. The solution is to not miss procs

ya,but thats always what i hated when i did go frost.but i dont know,i guess i could always try because i did hear that they made dk rotations more forgiving with this whole rune changing thing

so maybe it'll be a thing were,if i miss some procs but not everyone ill still pull good dps.because i dont know,i hated unholy back when i tried it before so im not exactly sure yet if i wanna try unholy(plus i heard frost actually outdpsed unholy by what i heard on the ptr)

Really don't know why it's being termed "more forgiving", but we'll go with that. The runes regenerate at a bit of a slower rate, but you can use Frost Strike to reset random runes and then use your abilities again.

You won't clip dots like you used to before the patch, I suppose that's more forgiving. Also, Killing Machine can be use on Obliterate, making that harder to waste I suppose (unless you're just not paying attention), but, to my knowledge, Rime is still something you're going to have to watch for and make sure you use correctly. All-in-all the spec still requires attention and not executing properly will certainly drop your DPS, but that's how it should be for any spec. Any class which has a spec that you don't need to pay attention to its rotation, or is more "forgiving" is sort of broken. Blizzard saw Ret pallies as being this way in WotLK and made significant changes in 4.01 to Ret pallies.

You won't clip dots like you used to before the patch

so you can only use abilities that use dots(like icy touch,plague strike,etc)after your frost fever or blood plague is off your target?.and ya,i heard dk rotations were gonna be more forgiving but i figured you couldnt just walk into ICC and be like "dang im really screwin up my rotation but hey im pulling like 10k dps rofl".but i guess thats what test dummys are for to practice your rotation

but i dont know,every spec ive looked up seems to be lvl 85 specs.http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#j0hZGcMMfuRzbu0b this is the current spec im looking at going,but were would i put the last talent point into

or with the way blizz made them now,could i just put it in some random talent like unholy command or somethin.and i just used "more forgiving" because thats kinda what i saw when i was readin somethin on another webpage about the changes to runes or whatever

Not being able to clip dots means, if you apply a new dot before the old dot expires the old dot will still tick for its last tick before rolling onto the new timer. Essentially, if you apply a dot before it expires you simply extend how long it lasts.

+ Reply to Thread