Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LK 10 Reg Problems

Grats.

Isnt it amazing when everyone does their part in the fight how relatively easy it becomes?

Quote Originally Posted by Prucilak View Post
    Isnt it amazing when everyone does their part in the fight how relatively easy it becomes?
    This is so, so true.

Every fight, except for patchwerk-style fights, is hard until everyone gets their role down. Then you wonder what the heck all the fuss was about, and go on /trade and gloat about how ez and broken everything is.

(ok, I don't do that last part, lol)

Ive attempted LK numberous times with 3 types of groups.

My guild.
    Decent players in most content, you tell them do something, there is a chance it will happen, but only that one time. They go back to doing what they were doing before hand. 7k DPS. Group would ALWAYS die due to valks because no one would stun. You explain they need to be stunned, no one takes it upon themselves to do it.

Other guild Ive been running with.
    Good group. Your average run of the mill raid group. 10k average dps, people listen pretty decent. Can clear LK with 2-3 people never seeing the fight in lenght.

Pug with people from Top Tier guild on alts.
    These people were wearing 245 Ilvl gear. What you would expect the first week of ICC being released. Tanks/Healers are very geared, dps isnt. Didnt discuss strategy, walked in, wiped on valks twice. Made one tanking change (myself and OT switched roles) and one shotted him after that. Valks died very fast, I only needed 2 stuns each, no one died from defile, I told them to do something, they did it right away, no complaining, no argument, no attitude.

Pug with people from Top Tier guild on alts.
    These people were wearing 245 Ilvl gear. What you would expect the first week of ICC being released. Tanks/Healers are very geared, dps isnt. Didnt discuss strategy, walked in, wiped on valks twice. Made one tanking change (myself and OT switched roles) and one shotted him after that. Valks died very fast, I only needed 2 stuns each, no one died from defile, I told them to do something, they did it right away, no complaining, no argument, no attitude.
    LK fight wasn't avaible the first week ICC was released. ICC was a gated release.

Did I mention LK in the first week of being release?

Did I mention LK in the first week of being release?
    Seemed like it when you said: "What you would expect the first week of ICC being released."

Ok, I didnt mention LK at all. I meant people going in with relatively good gear and facing marrowgar for the first time.

Ok, I didnt mention LK at all. I meant people going in with relatively good gear and facing marrowgar for the first time.
    Read all of what you wrote in context, maybe you didn't mean it that way, but when read as whole it runs together and makes it appear that you are saying that you went into ICC the first week in lvl 245 gear didn't discuss strategy wiped on Valks twice, made a change and one shotted him. I guess you were combining separate thoughts and occasions, but they ran together.

Maybe because I wrote it I dont see it that way, but oh well. Just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoswhite View Post
    Update!

We did it.

After some team drama, we replaced a tank, a DPS and had to pull in another healer. We swapped our strategy around, using the "let the plague kill the adds" technique - worked almostly flawlessly. After a couple of attempts, we had the 3rd raging spirit under lock and key by the time the first valk came up.

Only issue after that was defile. Through proper communication, we got it handled on the outside of the platform with the fight happening inside. 2nd Transition phase was a bit rough, and we ended up having a lot of adds still by phase 3 - but we survived long enough to kite him around and down with one tank (me) on LK from phase 2 on, eating Soul Reaper every time. (Protector of the Innocent + Word of Glory ftw)

Thank you to everyone in the Tankspot community for their comments and help! Finishing this raid (despite buff) was my first legit progression fight and it was worth every bit of grief we ever had. Now if only he dropped something other than the fist weapon twice....
    Grats, Chaoswhite!!

We got LK down Tuesday night--Guild first--after banging on him, two to three nights a week, for a month. We went through pretty much all the things you described, although we got through the first transition very soon. Our trouble was with Valks, and defile, for a while, but finally, we all got it, and the RL learned to call defile in advance, so we could get out of the center before it came...also, it helped to call who got defile, quickly, so that everyone else could immediately go back to center, for next Valk. I think the real turning point, for us, was to stun the Valks, right away, in the center, where even the melee could pile on them. Often, the Valk would be down before defile came, that way.

As Disc healer, for the encounter, I felt taxed to the max, especially since, right in the midst of all of this learning, the patch came, and we all had to sort of "re-learn" our specs/characters, and deal with the odd bugs.

The night of the "kill", we were actually doing the very last try, since several had to log off soon. I was called into LK's sword, for the first time, and I barely got off one heal, before I left the phase, and died immediately. "Great, another wipe," I said to myself, but everyone was cheering and yelling, "Don't release...don't release!!"

That was the happiest moment of my entire WoW life, right there!
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley