Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Cataclysm] Death Knight Tanking: Satorri's Guide to the Bloody Future

Here's a thought Satorri: Can an imp (destro lock pet) burn off the slow?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I'm rather certain that it is not a dispellable debuff or all the healers would be able to as well, and the Imp dispel is just that, a magic dispel (split, I discovered, off of Fel puppy's Devour Magic. That used to be aggressive or defensive, but now Devour only does offensive dispels and Imps got the defensive part).
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Truth is I must get better at the timing of the breath, shouldn't be a hard thing really now that I understand it's crucial in tanking that boss. It's a shame that before on regular and with a different group make up I just fluffed this off instead of practicing my defensive buffs like I should have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post

2.) Imp Blood Pres now reduces our rune CDs by ~0.1 sec per point (not the full 10%, but in the ballpark). This 20% speed up is a big deal for a talent we're already locking in for crit removal.
    Ooo, this is nice.

I'm at 20% haste on my DW DPS gear and it feels soooo much better than 0%. We'll see how this carries over into tanking.

Wish they'd put the Rune Strike patch live already...

I wanted them to put it in with 4.0.3, but I knew they wouldn't since it is only a bug fix patch, not a class change patch.

Now we just have to be patient until 4.0.3a/Dec 7th. I'm starting to think they may be co-current.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Michultradk View Post
    I am having some trouble here in 10man Heroic Sindy, using my AMS at the proper times. When you say you get at maximum 1 debuff, does it matter which one you get; Should you skip a certain one or just let the CD/duration of the AMS' work there natural rotation. We were unable to down her this week on our first guild attempt and even though it wasn't completely my fault some of it was me not being able to run. I do know for fact that I have to get better at timing the frost breath so I can dodge the debuff, but it was seeming impossible, are there any tricks to this other than watching DBM and clicking the button at the right time. I am using the AMS glyph for this fight.

I have got my priority of hits good enough that I am having little problem with threat, though I will say it has taken some team work with the heavy hitters to make our runs trouble free.

Thanks in advance

With DXE or DBM updated timers you should be able to hit every 1st and 3rd breath in the primary phases. If you are lucky enough to have a Sindras Fang you can use that on the second breath and full out resist it a lot of the time.
    Regardless, with just 1 debuff going into the air phase, you should still move with plenty of speed to get behind a block.

TPS issues are on your guild, they need to know that until the final phase the damage on Sindragosa isn't critical. Letting you have a large enough TPS lead and having their own personal DPS cooldowns / bloodlust for the final phase is of the highest importance.

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Here's a thought Satorri: Can an imp (destro lock pet) burn off the slow?
    You can't. The pet abilities mimic the player abilities, anything a player can't purge or dispel a pet won't be able to either.

Thanks EW, I think I understand now what I need to do. As I said before I was just being lazy and even though I would hit my AMS I really never cared about the timing. I am ready to put my learning to work now and maybe I wil lget my chance soon.

hey guys i was wondering if you could take a look at my char and see if i have done something wrong

im denied ICC runs cause i supposedly have too low health can you check my armoury and see if you can give me any tips for improvement

cheers

i know im missing enchants in places

The nerf bat is being swung tomorrow. IBF is going to a 3 min cool down with reduced damage reduction making it really kind of useless in the average fight and Rune Tap healing is reduced among other things. It's kind of right as we were a bit over powered cool down wise; but still disappointing.

TY Satori for his in depth report. I have 2 DK tanks one ally one horde and lvl'd each as tanks in specs other than blood.
    Although I still hate the blood spec for tanking this has made the transition less painful. lol
    "It's always the Healer's fault; unless it's the Tanks fault, just ask the DPS'er in purples doing 5k!"

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    The nerf bat is being swung tomorrow. IBF is going to a 3 min cool down with reduced damage reduction making it really kind of useless in the average fight and Rune Tap healing is reduced among other things. It's kind of right as we were a bit over powered cool down wise; but still disappointing.

Well that's just silly. With the changes to IBF and other tanking cooldowns Blizzard will balance raid and heroic encounters around longer tank cooldowns. The only difference is instead of Soul Reaper every minute, you would likely see it every two minutes. Probably a good change for overall game design.

Is Rune Strike able to be used freely now?

It seems like you can use rune strike freely now. The cost has been upped to 30 RP, but I can use it whenever I have the RP.

Edit: I just confirmed on a training dummy. You can use Rune Strike Freely now as long as you are in blood presence. Tooltip isn't updated to reflect this, but it works. I verified by switching to frost and get the "you can't do that yet" message, but switch to blood and the ability lights up. Cost has been changed from 20 RP to 30 RP.
    Last edited by Splitpea; 11-24-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Thank you Splitpea

Hey I'm looking for a idea of what all the caps are for the new DK stats... I don't know what they are so I cant reforge right.. the funny thing is that I'm pulling 5k in Lich king Dungeons with out the reforging... Do you think it will be possible to do more damage with the reforging in place?
    My Toons name is PhreakNovic on the Cairne server.. I made sure to log with my DPS stuff on. So any help would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by novicracker View Post

So any help would be great...
    Put the RUNE OF THE FALLEN CRUSADER on your main hand weapon (the benefit of razorice there is very minimal).

Swap out the tank helm/chest for DPS versions.

First Priority: get your expertise to 26 (I think you can do 21/22 right now, but it'll have to be 26 again once past 80).

You're well over the hit soft cap (which is only making it so that your white damage hits more often -- which is not a strong source of damage from us). You need 5% from gear.. and I don't know if the armory factors in talents so you can drop 5% hit for other things.

My recommendations after you do the above tasks...

- Get your haste to 20% (no hard numbers.. just feels nice to me on my DK).

- Reforge hit to mastery on any gear that has hit (make sure to keep watch on your hit section so that your special attacks stay at 0% miss).

- Reforge critical strike to mastery on any gear that doesn't have hit (but has crit).

Also, when you DPS, it's recommended that frost dual wield be in frost presence.

Hope this helps!

Hey TY!!! I have done as you asked and or suggested... Im still have trouble with getting my DPS past 5k... what can I do to get more out my toon?
    PhreakNovic... My toons name.

NovicRacker

Quote Originally Posted by novicracker View Post
    Hey TY!!! I have done as you asked and or suggested... Im still have trouble with getting my DPS past 5k... what can I do to get more out my toon?
    PhreakNovic... My toons name.

NovicRacker
    You might find more luck in the DPS Forum or the HALP fourm. This is after all the Tanking thread.

yeah I know... Im already an oober Tank!!! I'm just here cause I would like advice from other Awesome tanks that know DK's better than I Do...