+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ret in 4.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Despite the crit difference, I think you'll still do more damage by using CS-TV-CS-TV
    This simply is not true. Check out the link to the video I posted in my first post regarding the rotation.
    (Or so you dont have to search for it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVs_Qum_73I )

HoW crits for 22-24k, and crits 75+% of the time.
    TV crits for 20-22k, and crits 30% of the time.

So by using HoW > Filler > Filler > Filler, you're maximizing your dps by getting a HoW in every time the cooldown for it is up.

And by filler, I mean CS or TV. Nothing else should be hit during this time, and if HoL proc's, you can still hit TV twice. If a HoL proced your rotation would be as such.

HoW > TV > TV > CS > HoW > TV > CS (Unless HoL proced again)...etc etc.

Watch the video, I show the proof with recount and the individual damage each spell did.

What about using Zealotry without wings? You would then get the whole CS-TV-CS-TV plus it wouldn't clash with HoW und avenging wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    This simply is not true. Check out the link to the video I posted in my first post regarding the rotation.
    (Or so you dont have to search for it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVs_Qum_73I )

HoW crits for 22-24k, and crits 75+% of the time.
    TV crits for 20-22k, and crits 30% of the time.

So by using HoW > Filler > Filler > Filler, you're maximizing your dps by getting a HoW in every time the cooldown for it is up.

And by filler, I mean CS or TV. Nothing else should be hit during this time, and if HoL proc's, you can still hit TV twice. If a HoL proced your rotation would be as such.

HoW > TV > TV > CS > HoW > TV > CS (Unless HoL proced again)...etc etc.

Watch the video, I show the proof with recount and the individual damage each spell did.
    Very strange, this didnt corespond with what happened to me on ptr at all. |Perhaps cause of gear diff? I had toc gear only. What i found was How hit very weak for me (usually only little harder than cs), so Tv was way more important for my gear setup.

PS i tried using zealotrty without wings, and using wings by itself, in fact thats how i started, cause i didnt know any better. Im not sure thats the way to go though tbh. More testing

PSS> ah watched your video, and apparently hows been buffed since i was on ptr since for me on ptr how was very weak, if thats the case, then it may be worth doing like you said ( i cant test on live yet :S), but not exactly like you said. If how is hitting that hard, then i really belive its better to stagger zealotry and wings, to maximize both abilities, like the guy above said.
    Last edited by Krays; 10-15-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    "Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"

One other thing we should all consider, i touched on it on a previous post but didnt really test it in detail. Is the damage buff (need talent ofc) from casting word of glory on a friendly worth using as part of a rotation? it doesnt last very long, so it tells me its just a pvp/utility type ability, if it lasted longer i think it would defo be part of the set rotation.

GC has said before that using HoG is always going to lose you DPS, the talent is merely to make the dps cost not quite so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    What about using Zealotry without wings? You would then get the whole CS-TV-CS-TV plus it wouldn't clash with HoW und avenging wrath.
    thats a good thought. i tested wings without zealotry, and zealotry doesn't appear to affect the crit chance at all for HoW, so I'll try it.

I'm gonna test this, and see if the difference is worth it, since avenging wrath is a total damage increase.
    Last edited by Armadyl; 10-15-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy
    • Holy Wrath base damage has been increased by 30%.
    • Exorcism now scales from 15% of Spell Power or AP, down from 22,5%. Base damage increased by 30%.

Retribution
    • Hammer of Wrath base damage has been increased by 300%. (That's from [ 1253.82 to 1385.8 ] to [ 4890.09 to 5404.84 ]
    • Crusader Strike now deals 150% weapon damage, up from 120%.

HMM HoW has defo been bufffed a little :P

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    thats a good thought. i tested wings without zealotry, and zealotry doesn't appear to affect the crit chance at all for HoW, so I'll try it.
    Of course it doesn't, the tool tip even says what it does. As to why anyone would use Zealotry and Avenging Wrath at the same time now is beyond me. With the buff to Hammer of Wrath, there is no sense in wasting mana and a good CD when you should be focusing on CS > TV rotations during Zealotry. With HoW critting for almost as much, if not more then TV fully charged in a raid, you would be nuts to be wasting dual CD's and wind up wasting precious seconds on Zealotry in which you can do more damage or Avenging Wrath, both TV and HoW do effect GCD so I see no sense in even using both at the same time from here on out.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

+ Reply to Thread