I been playing around with ret on ptr, and i found haste a great stat, and i even tok that judgment talent in holy for more haste. What this does is allow me to use crusader strike every 3secs, meaning i rarely had a free gcd. I also reforged alot of my extra expertise to mastery, but didnt find it as helpful as haste (it didnt scale very well for some reason , perhaps a bug).
In toc 25 gear ilevel 245, which is all you get as a premade on ptr i pulled 5k (burst 7k) dps (no buffs) on the level 80 dummy, my templars were hitting for up to 20k, with icc hc gear i imgaine you looking at up to 35k.
1. haste and strength is best stats at 80
2. reforge any wasted hit and expertise in to haste or mastery
3. try to time zealotry with avenging wrath for crazy burst (hamme of wrath dont hit very hard anymore compared to your other moves so dont worry about wasting that)
4. make a mouseover macro for word of glory (selfless healer gives bonus to damage), for when you want an extra oomph, but dont try to keep it up all the time.
5. take the judgemnet talent in holy it makes a huge diff to crusader strike cd.
6, never miss the free templars or waste your holy powers. if you do this right occasionly you will get 3 , full holy power templars verdict in a row, thats alot of dps! ret dps is now all about getting as many templars as you can for single target and ds for aoe.
7. forget consecration, for single target you wont have spare gcd, if you geared correctly.
8. Try your best to find the templars verdict glyph (15% extra damage), its rare on ptr, but if you can get it say hello to one shotted rogues :P( i didnt get it, ,no one had it)
9. glyphs, Crusader strike or Seal of truth (means you can reforge extra expertise to haste), TV, and judgement
8. you never goo oom, with normal rotation, you wont even need dp.
Imo the new single target ret priority goes like this...
1. judgement that procs the haste (once every minute)
2. crusader strike for generating holy power or the free TV from talents
3. full power templars verdict from 3 holy power
4. exorcism ( yeah this does generate HP, so dont waste that HP by using it when u at 3 hp already)
5. normal judgement
6. free gcd consecration or holy wrath (not needed if you have low cd crusader strike and loads of mastery)
1. pop wings.
crusader strike and tv (making sure not to miss any free tvs aswell), over and over (make sure you already have hasted judgements up before you do this)
Last edited by Krays; 10-10-2010 at 05:58 AM.
"Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"