+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87

Thread: 4.0.1 Protection Warrior Builds.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Brage is absolutely right..... as tanks it doesn't matter one bit how hard something is about to hit if it's attached threat coefficient is lacking... I mean maybe we'll see it doing significant threat where maybe specing in to it is nice? Possibly? But as of I now I plan to not use it... (subject to change) The only spec that even makes sense for a tank at 85 is http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LGZhbZfbGdRRodbu .
    To address why I did what I did: No shield spec? Rage doesn't appear to be an issue as of right now... the points in either incite/hold the line/blood and thunder will be used if rage does become a problem (probably incite or BnT depending on the situation). No safegaurd? As any good tank knows it's situational and impending victory has already been addressed.
    Also, I see alot of you guys writing up different specs for trash/aoe and bosses... there isn't any point to this... only one talent is useless for a straight up one v one tank fight and that's BnT ... alot of you seem under the impression that Thunderstruck isn't useful for one v one tanking? Are you guys the same tanks that spam Deva and shield slam on proc? You understand that shockwave is used as a single target ability as well correct? And that damage does have a change over for threat.... are you guys honestly saying that having a 30% damage increase on one of your main threat gainers (after using TC's that you will be using anyway) and increased damage on TC which you use in the single target rotation as well is a bad idea?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Vassive View Post
    Also, I see alot of you guys writing up different specs for trash/aoe and bosses... there isn't any point to this... only one talent is useless for a straight up one v one tank fight and that's BnT ... alot of you seem under the impression that Thunderstruck isn't useful for one v one tanking? Are you guys the same tanks that spam Deva and shield slam on proc? You understand that shockwave is used as a single target ability as well correct? And that damage does have a change over for threat.... are you guys honestly saying that having a 30% damage increase on one of your main threat gainers (after using TC's that you will be using anyway) and increased damage on TC which you use in the single target rotation as well is a bad idea?
    I'm not in the Beta, but someone mentioned that the buff duration of Thunderstruck is only 10 seconds. Thunderclapping every 10 seconds instead of every 30 (or not at all, if you have someone else debuffing) could easily offset the increased SW damage. But we won't know for sure until we have Cataclysm Raid numbers.
    I'll just make my seconds spec Fury until clysm raiding begins and I can revaluate if I need a single target build.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    122
    Will we be seeing official recommended specs from Tankspot?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    97
    I'd love to get PH but my keybinds are already pretty overloaded, I'm a bit worried about having to make room for another. -_-

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LzZhZ...ozru:0Voczk0kM

    this is probably what i would go with for tanking @ 4.0.1

    with the range chance on safeguard, and me allready using it in my normal spec allready, i see it as an extra cd for the raid/ other tank, has saved someones ass more than once every raid.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Znax View Post
    http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LzZhZ...ozru:0Voczk0kM

    this is probably what i would go with for tanking @ 4.0.1

    with the range chance on safeguard, and me allready using it in my normal spec allready, i see it as an extra cd for the raid/ other tank, has saved someones ass more than once every raid.
    Sooo you plan on not specing to max out your threat and not specing to max your own survivability in order to accomplish that? The want for safegaurd at all times ... while not optimal isn't necessarily a bad thing... if you want safegaurd though I would go with something a little more like this http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LGZhbZf0GdRRodru . You'll notice my three points in War Academy but thats really just for a place to put them... those 3 points can be used for shield spec or blood and thunder, depending upon the situation or your play style... the differences between mine and yours other than that are maxing out field dressing.. which is kind of a no brainer (I thought at least) and maxes out cruelty which is huge ... I mean with our prime glyph for shield slam on top of that... that's just basic maxing of threat capability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    I'm not in the Beta, but someone mentioned that the buff duration of Thunderstruck is only 10 seconds. Thunderclapping every 10 seconds instead of every 30 (or not at all, if you have someone else debuffing) could easily offset the increased SW damage. But we won't know for sure until we have Cataclysm Raid numbers.
    I'll just make my seconds spec Fury until clysm raiding begins and I can revaluate if I need a single target build.
    It is possible that it may not turn out to be optimal... though I don't see why it wouldn't be at this point looking at the raw theory.
    Last edited by Vassive; 10-11-2010 at 01:19 AM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    62
    Anyone have any information at all about gemming and glyphing in the upcoming Patch??? I see quite a few threads and info on specs, yet nothing very specific about glyphs...

    Cheers,
    Bel*.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleriond View Post
    Anyone have any information at all about gemming and glyphing in the upcoming Patch??? I see quite a few threads and info on specs, yet nothing very specific about glyphs...

    Cheers,
    Bel*.
    Are you asking if the new glyphs are being released in 4.0.1? Yes, they are as far as I know... now if you're looking for data on what they are I would check out www.mmo-champion.com the front page as of right now has a low down on all glyphs for all classes.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,132
    Prime Glyphs are more or less set in stone:
    Devastate (+5% crit)
    Revenge (+10% dmg)
    Shield Slam (+10%) dmg

    For the Major Glyphs there are way more options:
    Cleaving (+1 target)
    Heroic Throw (applies 1 stack of sunder armor to the target)
    Intervene (+1 hit intervened)
    Long Charge (+5y range)
    Rapid Charge (-7% cd -> 14s instead of 15s cd)
    Piercing Howl (+50% radius)
    Resonating Power (thunderclap -5 rage)
    Shield Wall (+2 min cd, +20% damage reduced)
    Shockwave (-3s cd)
    Spell Reflection (-1s cd)
    Sunder Armor (applies to a nearby target as well)
    Thunder Clap (+2y range)

    And finally the Minor Glyphs have only four really options:
    Battle (+2 min duration, +50% range)
    Command (+2 min duration, +50% range)
    Demo Shout (+15s duration, +50% range)
    Berserker Rage (+5 rage)

    I'll go with Cleaving, Shockwave and Thunderclap for the major glyphs and Battle, Command and Demo Shout for the minor ones. But after learned once you can then easily swap one out for another with just a cheap reagent and a few clicks if needed.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Personally I kind of like the intimidating shout minor.... useful? Not really... but I'll probably using when pugging 5 mans just in case my healer is that awful and I need some extra break time.... just for funsies.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    62
    Just looked in on the PTR with my lvl. 80 warrior. I noticed that the glyphs I had are still there and can be swapped out (provided you have Vanishing Powder lol).

    One thing I couldn't figure out (quickly lol) is where o leanr new glyphs. For instance: I didn't have the Glyph of Revenge and it's greyed out in my spellbook. A quick check on AH yielded nothing so I was wondering whether we have to get or learn those we don't know anywhere.

    Bel*.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    You still learn them in the same fashion as before (buying them) ... they weren't on the ptr auction house cause there really isnt much reason for people to craft and sell shit on the ptr...

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    244
    Are prime glyphs trainer learned for Inscription ?

    Edit - ffs no decent shield wall or last stand glyph
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    226
    A lot of the existing glyphs were simply reclassified. This means some formerly Major Glyphs became Prime. Revenge / Devastate is an example of this.

    I believe (but am not sure) Glyph of Blocking became Glyph of Shield Slam.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    256
    Boda, the link in your OP no longer links to a spec. Since the release is more then likely tomorrow it maybe a good thing to get fixed. Perhaps it will prevent a bunch of posts asking how to spec.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    The talent tree's are very straight forward.... if they honestly cant figure out a level 80 spec... they probably shouldn't be playing this game... coloring a pretty picture would probably be more suitable.

    But... here... level 80 specs

    The Basic http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhZfbGdRRodbu
    You want more rage? http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhZcrGdRRodbu
    Safegaurd http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhZcbGdRRodru
    Moar threat is moar better http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZobZfbGdRRodbu
    Moar threat is moar better (with rage) http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZobZfMGdRRodbu

    In the last one change the points from incite over to BnT if you want moar threat on AoE...

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    276
    My thoughts on Impending Victory are it will help smooth out healing, and at that point in a fight, threat shouldn't be an issue (especially since they removed threat decay.) But at the same time I think it will feel bulky and unnatural. Perhaps putting it in a macro with Shield Slam or Revenge so that it is only used when one of those is on CD. I'll be interested in seeing the tests and how this talent evolves.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Vassive View Post
    The talent tree's are very straight forward.... if they honestly cant figure out a level 80 spec... they probably shouldn't be playing this game... coloring a pretty picture would probably be more suitable.
    so basically,i can just throw points into whatever looks good and it wont be fail? because i was always under the impression of throwing random points into random talents like that was fail

    (im also kinda look for a good lvl 80 prot heroics tanking spec.since i figured the one im using now isnt going to work since there changing the talent trees)
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 10-11-2010 at 10:13 PM.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    More or less you can actually just throw in points now if you possess even an ounce of intelligence.... if you just wanna do heroics I would use my moar threat is moar better build posted above.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    276
    I'm going to try this to start: http://wowtal.com/#k=I-uWHkY.a5o.warrior.RXykd8

    Impending Victory just to try it. The new Intervene makes Safeguard more interesting when OTing. Part of me wants to put 3 points in war academy instead of blood craze. If IV turns out to be as lack luster as theorycrafting supports I'd flesh out Incite and shield spec. same deal with safeguard.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts