+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Problem with Ret DPS

My Problem with Ret DPS

Even thought its wrapping down into Cata soon and everything will change with the greens/blues from quests and etc to getting lvl 85. But for time being to do content till then I still need gear/decent dps. I have seen CLRret? Or w/e its called, but not entirely sure, knowing whats best to put for priorities.

Here is my armory. It is sorta a new 80 just few weeks ago, so go easy on it . And this is my main so trying to make it the best I can. - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Meatw%C3%A4d

The first thing I notice is that your strength is low. I saw that you are wearing a lot of pvp gear, which means lots of stamina and no strength. So first thing is to grind hrandoms and get enough badges to get yourself dps gear. Stop getting pvp gear as it increases your GS but not your performance, many people will point this out and give you the finger of shame.

It looks like you corrected your issue with enchants by getting dps enchants, I looked you up on wow-heroes :P. Still though, you need to stack strength and even put it in gems that do not match the color. You are way past the hit cap of 263 so don't stack it anymore if possible.

You really need to focus on getting dps gear and not pvp ones.

http://retributionpaladins.com/

Go to the site and it will have everything you need to focus on. Hope this can help you out and increase your dps!

moved to HALP

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Simply put, you need better PVE gear in order to do better DPS in a PVE environemment. Your gear it's pretty bad, you have a couple of non-gemmed, non-enchanted pieces of gear and you should switch ur CS glyph for the Cons glyph. Start with that, and once you get better gear you will be able to have a better view of what needs to be done.

Yep, some gear upgrades would help.

Your spec looks OK.

Recommended rotation Judg > CS > DS > HoW > Cons > Exo > HW

Are you clicking or using keybinds for your abilities? (Highly recommend keybinds, even if it takes some retraining.) Are you spamming the next ability hotkey to minimize delay?

As always, testing on training dummies is helpful. My method is to buff Might and SoV, reset recount, pop AW, and DPS hard until AW is off cooldown (2 mins). Look at the final DPS number just as you land your last ability (it'll drop sharply after you stop attacking as your DoTs continue to tick). Do this 3 times or so and average the numbers (if you're hitting your rotation consistently, each trial should be within about +/-50 dps if you're keeping your rotation tight). Now, change one thing, and repeat. Keep doing that until you can't squeeze any more DPS out of your current gear.

All that said, where are you trying to improve your DPS? Raids? 5 mans? If your raid DPS seems low, it may be a situational thing on hectic fights that you need to work on. Combat log would be helpful.

Hope this helps!

I only have PvP gear on because of weekend events from earning honor from before 80 and little after. I just got 80 but not a few weeks ago so the gear process is not filled out just yet with all PvE gear. And I am only above hit cap cause of the PvP gear equipped that has all the hit.
    Plus I am sorta trying to stack as much emblems atm for Cata release, so since like this past weekend b4 the Oct. 5th maint. I was starting to stack emblems for conversation.
    So in couple weeks I'll come back if I have to with a new Armory and a re-reply to this thread if i still have DPS problems.

+ Reply to Thread