+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior Spec/Gear/Dps/Rotation

Fury Warrior Spec/Gear/Dps/Rotation

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ivein&r=Cairne

This is my off-Spec, and most of it was uptained by OS rolls in heroics and some ICC. I know im trying to replace the 219 ring with the 245 triumph, and im working on the getting the BiS (Pre-Heroic) frost gloves. And I'm still trying to get the sanct or normal set legs to drop in voa. other then that, how is my gear looking? Gems/enchants.

and with all of this what would my dps be? or should be?

my rotation in AoE Fights is mostly.
    BT
    WW
    Slam when proced, if i see it, mostly just BT,WW,Spam Cleave

Single is mostly
    BT
    WW
    Slam proc
    Spam Heroic Strike
    Execute when ever i can.

also check out my spec, and if you see anything wrong please let me know i can take criticism i just want to get my dps set going so i can help out a lot more.

There's a few things that stand out, but not gear wise. Maybe beserking on both hands, otherwise fine as you work to ICC and tier gear.

Read the guide below. It will tell you why you have too much ArP and to little Exp.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Warrior-Guide

So your saying i have to much arp?

Yes, you're not near the hard cap with the current gear (1400 ) and you have the NeS. So target the soft cap and get the exp to that cap as well.

Oh, and your rotation is off. But if you read the guide you'd know

Yeah, I was gemming Exp to get close but then i decided to gem ARP, ill try and get 25 Exp again and still be soft cap. I have read that guide and the only thing i didn't get was this.

0.0 Whirlwind
    1.5 Bloodthirst
    3.0 Free GCD (instant Slam if available, else use Execute)
    4.5 WAIT 1 second
    5.5 Bloodthirst
    7.0 WAIT 1 second
    8.0 Whirlwind

Is he talking about Waiting 1 second after the gcd to come back or wait one second after you can already hit your next ability? I know it may be hard to explain but im not sure. So i just started using a spec and a rotation of a buddy that does like 8-10k single target.

The GCD will be up at 7.0, WW is still 1 second away from it's CD finishing. So 'wait' to use your GCD for 1 second until WW becomes available.

Basically, don't SLAM! at 7 seconds, because this would push WW back to 8.5 instead of 8 waiting for the GCD to free up.

As for ArP and EXP...

There are two lines of thought for NES - Gem ArP until you are between 722 and 741 so the NES proc puts you at 1400-1419, or ignore NES completely and grab something else like Banner of Victory. It depends on your crit levels as NES only procs off crits. If you have few crits NES' uptime drops.

My guess, is since you have OS gear, your crit rate is fairly low and it may be better to go with Banner of Victory instead.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

The GCD will be up at 7.0, WW is still 1 second away from it's CD finishing. So 'wait' to use your GCD for 1 second until WW becomes available.

Basically, don't SLAM! at 7 seconds, because this would push WW back to 8.5 instead of 8 waiting for the GCD to free up.
    To further up on this, if you use Landsouls spreadsheet (Which you should) it gives you extremely detailed guildlines for slamming - for example, mine are:

1 - Don't use new slam passed 1.62 seconds remaining on the 1st Bloodthirst
    2 - Don't use new 4pt10 slam procs 1.12 seconds remaining on the 1st Bloodthirst
    3 - Use slam after WW ONLY if slam has less than 2.62 seconds left
    4 - If the slam has more than 2.62 seconds left, use it after the 2nd Bloodthirst

For ArP and Exp:

Banner of Victory is much better than NES - you never want to use an arp proccing trinket (unless you someone still have... let's say a green trinket). Mjolnir Runestone and Grim Toll have higher uptimes and may be worth it - but the passive ArP is still much better to have. I used Banner until... I got DBW to upgrade it.

Expertise you want as close to 26 as possible - I know that when gearing up it may be a little skewed depending on what gear you can have (Landsouls helps with this so you can min/max your gear in advance and know what upgrades to look out for). If you are at 24 expertise... don't really worry about it too much, unless you really feel like putting that gem in there. I was waiting on a piece of gear to swap out a few for a while and only had 4.7% hit and 24 exp and still pulled number near to my normal ones.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

I keep seeing you in non-dps gear. Can't help you. Btw in your tank set you have 10 expertise. Don't you have aggro problems/?

+ Reply to Thread