+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rotations...

Rotations...

This is for the next patch tomorrow!

So, just finished a ICC10 on the PTR about an hour ago and had a few things about the rotation for pally tanks. On live I usually do the following:

AS (pull) > JoW > HotR > HS > SotR > Cons/HW

On the PTR I was doing:

AS (pull) > Judge > CS > HotR > Cons/HW > SotR at 3 HP

Anything I could change in that rotation or is that pretty decent? What are the other pally tanks looking at doing for their rotations?

And for spec, I pretty much got everything up to the 31 point limit, think i had 32 in there and the rest in the ret tree. What would you other pally tanks suggest for a spec?

And glyphs?
    Last edited by BryceE; 10-11-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Everything about your question is changing tomorrow.
    Wait for answers.

Apparently you didn't read my whole post. This has everything to do with the patch. Hence why it's in theorycrafting since it's not out yet and I'm trying to get some information about it all so I'm all set.

Quote Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
    Apparently you didn't read my whole post. This has everything to do with the patch. Hence why it's in theorycrafting since it's not out yet and I'm trying to get some information about it all so I'm all set.
    I read it, but until the patch is official I never like to waste a lot of time theorycrafting, they often change quite a few mechanics within a couple of weeks of implementation of major patches.
    As for rotation, they have pretty strongly shown that they are trying to remove rotations period. You likely won't be GCD locked anymore, and if you are, you will probably see something core change that makes it so you aren't.
    I would expect Word of Glory to become something you start weaving into casting on yourself.
    Glyphs are going to be situational, on a fight by fight basis, especially some of the change offs. Gearing and tanking EH maxims are going to be the same until Cataclysm.

Read the threat I made about this a short while back, it should answer your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread