My realm has got high GS expectations for ICC :(
That's my armory address and my gs ( although not many ppl like this, sorry ) is 5.1k. My realm requires like up to 5.4k gs for ICC10 ( ...When they fail at LDW. Duh!). Are there any easy gearscores for me without hurting my stats too much? Thank you in advance.
5.4k GS for what? A clear run? What about those "twink icc runs" just killing the first 4-6 bosses? Gem your better (264+) gear with the best gems, eg your belt and it's missing an eternal belt buckle, too! Enchant your gear properly (wrist, helmet and cloak with no enchant, shoulder with only a pvp enchant and legs only with the minor enchant).
Easy and reasonable upgrade options for your trinket slots:
- Talisman of Resurgence 50 badges
- Battlemaster's Vivacity 34.100 Honor (not unique!)
- Battlemaster's Ruination 34.100 Honor (not unique!)
Other upgrade options, might be expensive and not worth the investment:
- crafted 264 pants
- crafted 245 chestplate
- token 245 shoulders
- from pvp: 264 bracers/neck/ring just to push your GS even further. At last the necklace is a good tradeoff, swapping haste or crit for additional spellpower and some survivability (stamina).
Enchanting & gemming is a big one--if you're not enchanted properly, it shows you haven't put any effort it. Grab up some enchanting mats and look in /2 for an enchanter who is working on higher-lvl WotLK enchant levelling to enchant your 232 and below stuff. Anything t10 lvl should be enchanted with the best & brightest thouh
HEy ty guys, and yeah I was saying that people requires 5.4k gs for 6 boss runs and yet they fail at Lady deathwhisper. Haha. And Currently I'm out of money..I'm transmuting gems to farm money! Ty!
Normally I'm the first one to rail against GS requirements if the player has shown they know their stuff. Someone looking at your armory, however, is not going to get that impression.
1) You're below the GCD haste cap, but you could easily be there by speccing into CF or re-gemming a few slots.
2) You're specced 3/3 into Subtlety. That's no good.
3) You're specced 5/5 into naturalist. That's no good.
4) Lack of Wild Growth glyph suggests 10-man focus, but you're lacking Revitalize which is awesome in 10-man.
5) Lack of some cheap, effective enchants on bracer and helm and a lot of blue gems which are just bad for perception.
Your gear level is enough to heal ICC 10 easily, IMO. Convincing people of that when you're not demonstrating your ability via your choices will be hard.
I would take a fully enchanted, epic-gemmed 5.1k GS person over someone with 5.4k GS with half-enchanted sloppily-gemmed gear. If you're asking someone to choose between someone with higher lvl, complete, gemmed and enchanted gear, or lower lvl, not enchanted or gemmed gear, you're going to lose that battle every time.
I personally have great experiences with simply talking to whoever is making the raid. I remember on my lock, her GS was 4600 or something like that, and I heard some guy asking for DPS for ICC. I whispered him, stating that I didn't have much in the way of GS, but that I knew how to play my class, that I was specced more for raid buffs then for selfish dps and that I knew all the fights in ICC very well.
He was slightly hesistant at first, but then he decided to do ICC the next day and do some heroics with me instead. He was impressed with my abilities at locking. I was impressed with his mentality and tanking skills.
The end result? My lock got an invite to ICC the next day. The tank got an invite to my guild, and now has a spot in a decent guild. We both met a new friend.
Sure, this way it'll take longer to get a spot, but in the end it pays off - and do you honestly want to raid with people who only care about GS?
Originally Posted by Kahmal