Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 417 Frost Resist Required to tank Sindragosa 25 HM?

Sindragosa 25H Discussion

EDIT: Originally - 417 Frost Resist Required to tank Sindragosa 25 HM? - This thread is now dedicated for Sindragosa 25H Discussions!

Currently my tanks are sacrificing 3 pieces of 264 gear for 3 pieces of frost resist gear to get to 417 frost resist with frost aura on. Sometimes we would engage the fight with the MT (Blood DK) getting completely trashed. Question is: Frost resist geared really needed to tank Sindy 25 HM? What about the DPS / Healers 1-3 pieces of frost resist gear?
    Last edited by xenni; 04-09-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: EDIT: Originally - 417 Frost Resist Required to tank Sindragosa 25 HM? - This thread is now dedicated for Sindragosa 25H Discussions!

Any more than one piece of frost resist, and your tanks are being threatened by Sindragosa's melee moreso than her breath. 200ish is more than enough, that equalizes her melee to her breath damage roughly. Other people can wear a piece of frost resist, it might help a little bit with the raid wide AOE that pulses throughout the fight.

I take it this is your DK tank, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Zarinthdra

The set up I use when MTing Sindra - http://www.chardev.org/?profile=389278
    Decent expertise without sacrificing too much for frost resist. FYI, I do have the 4p tank set, but I prefer the hit on the LDW helm. Keeps me hit capped with taunt glyphed.
    Why am I so terrible - Lucia

Alright thanks I just wanted to confirm, her melee hits like a truck http://www.tankspot.com/newreply.php?p=399501&noquote=1

Her melee dmg is nuts and unpredictable. Frost damage is still fairly bursty but very predictable. Tell your tanks to wear no more than 2.5 (.5 being ring) pieces of FR and the resist+stam helm enchant. The 20 resist to cape enchant is okay too. Any more than that, and you're doing more harm than good. Even the tank who's only tanking in p3 shouldn't really push resist over normal stats. You can use cooldowns on breaths, run out for blistering cold, etc. Can't really predict crazy physical bursts. Esp since I'm pretty sure she parry-hastes.

As a warrior I've found it best to use 4p t10, crafted resist ring, ony25 resist+armor ring, resist helm enchant, and the resist cloak enchant. I started also using the resist belt, but swapped that back out for my armor belt after a kill or two. The rest of my gear is just full stam+armor. If you use a DK tank, he definitely shouldn't need more than that amount of resist.

Oh, I also pop my cooldowns very often throughout the whole fight. I alternate last stand and shield wall (both glyphed for 2min) every other ground phase just to make it easier on the healers. If I don't end up getting scurd and popping it earlier, I always use the cooldowns during the last remaining seconds of each air phase (20sec prior for last stand, 12sec for shield wall).
    Last edited by Dragaan; 04-07-2010 at 11:57 PM.

How many healers to run? I've heard 7-8 healers.

Parry hasting happens in this fight. Saw a tank drop like a !@#$ing stone last week when our melee got careless... Two parries and a Sindra melee hit flattened our tank in a flash.

As far as the number of healers... we run 8 for this fight. Remember that at any given time, 3 of your heals have unchained, and can't cast. Leaving you with 5 to actually heal the raid + tanks.

Hope that helps.
    "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld."

Use 8 for a first kill. You don't actually need 8 ppl healing constantly to survive the raid/tank damage, but 1-2 healers will usually not be able to cast at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuzak View Post
    Parry hasting happens in this fight. Saw a tank drop like a !@#$ing stone last week when our melee got careless... Two parries and a Sindra melee hit flattened our tank in a flash.

As far as the number of healers... we run 8 for this fight. Remember that at any given time, 3 of your heals have unchained, and can't cast. Leaving you with 5 to actually heal the raid + tanks.

Hope that helps.
    Parry hasting doesn't occur on this fight as far as I know. After reading this post I reviewed our logs from our HM 25 attempts last night, and didn't see any melees that occur quicker than 2 seconds apart from each other. She will Cleave nearly simultaneously with a normal swing, and she can frost breath+cleave+melee within one second of each other, but I see no evidence of normal melee swings every speeding up.

We've been getting to phase 3 consistently, we have our warlocks set up portals to indicate for dropping off iceblocks. Since we run 8 melees, we split them into Group A and Group B, where Group A attacks the North Iceblock and Group B attacks the South Iceblock. Our only problem is that people are blowing up the raid with Instability. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by xenni View Post
    We've been getting to phase 3 consistently, we have our warlocks set up portals to indicate for dropping off iceblocks. Since we run 8 melees, we split them into Group A and Group B, where Group A attacks the North Iceblock and Group B attacks the South Iceblock. Our only problem is that people are blowing up the raid with Instability. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    How many air phases do you take. 3 or 4. If its 3, I suggest you have only 3 melee, pref rogues, on the ice blocks permanently and have casters afk while unchained while melee burn her down. If its 4, well, tell them to pick it up. When do you use heroism? We burn it at the start to skip a air phase. She stays grounded at 40%.

Would this work?

Caster DPS and Healers run out when they get unchained magic and keep casting up to 7-9 stacks. They are to spread out 18 yards on the stairs in this way.

Right or left of the group, at the walls.
    Half way up the stairs, at the wals
    Top of the stairs

Um... We don't allow our casters to go over 3 stacks of instability during the first phase of the fight. Once phase 3 starts, anyone with instability STOPS casting entirely. We don't allow them to get ANY stacks. Well, 1 is ok if they absolutely didn't notice they had the debuff while that first cast went off, but any more than 1 and they get yelled at or replaced.

Does her breath always come at a set time(maybe 1-2 seconds delayed at most) or is it a cooldown where she can wait up to 10 or so seconds before she even casts it?

It has a cast time of 1-2 seconds.
    Still, I'm wondering if I should worry about getting me some resist gear for the fight.
    Any opinions?

Armory
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

I'm currently using ring + boots and a frost flask. the melee hits are far more dangerous on our progression attempts. Shield wall + last stand + flawless fang should be enough for a 2 minute rotation and never get gibbed by a breath, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    It has a cast time of 1-2 seconds.
    Still, I'm wondering if I should worry about getting me some resist gear for the fight.
    Any opinions?

Armory
    Yeah, I would. We used a prot paladin (mt) and warrior for our first kill, though we had been using a death knight (mt) and prot paladin for the majority of our learning attempts (death knight had a family member die on the night of the kill). Both tanks use the ring plus two other pieces, obviously trying to stay close to expertise and defense caps.

Sindragosa's most deadly moments are a breath + melee attack and blistering cold + melee attack, similar to Brutallus stomp+weapon swings if you ever did that. While she hits like a truck, three pieces of gear isn't going to magically change that. Wearing the frost resist gear effectively eliminates both of those moments in the fight by making the only real threat the melee swings.

The key to Sindragosa hardmode is healer communication. We used 8 healers, though I'm sure it's doable with 7 once you really know the fight. When your tank healers get unchained, other healers need to know in order to switch and help out.

Resist gear is not necessary, atleast as a feral druid.. I found that her melee hits was of a much bigger problem, cud easily use a cd on every breath minimizing the damage. Ended up using 2 x armor trinkets for the first kill (the one from badges - the dodge worked amazing for me on this fight - and from normal Putricide 10) sitting on around 70k hp and 41k armor.
    We use around 7-8 healers for the fight.
    If you wanna go with any resistance I would suggest the enchant on cloak and head and the ring from Onyxia 25. She really hits like a train, especially cus of the chance of parry haste. Using too much frost resi gear will lower your expertise alot, and cause more melee hits. E.g. if I put on 3 frost parts on, I end up with around 5% expertise and 1.50% hit. One last thing, glyph of taunt is a must on this fight,.

I'm not sure about 25m but on 10m HM her melee is not hitting that much harder than reg. Does anyone have a recent combat log SS or such (from 25 HM) to confirm the increased melee hits?

We tried for quite some time to get her down in 10 HM but the tanks (both bears, heh) kept getting wtfpwnt by frost breath/aoe in p2 even after a few buffet and no unstable stacks.
    I can definitely envision this being easier with some frost resist gear to reduce spike damage; mere melee hits have not been a problem (except if all the tank healers are gibbed by unchained and I'm already low from a frost breath).