+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My paladin seems to run OOM

My paladin seems to run OOM

Hey.

I've just made my paladin tank and have gotten in alot of gear, e.g. The Crafted ICC Boots, Crafted TOTC Chest+Bracers and also some t9/badge vendor items.

When i pull i've been using Plea + Avenger's Shield and then spamming my macro that i got of wowwiki. I've tried to do the skill rotation normally but it seems i've been a bit two slow and someone would just over'aggro me. But my main problem seems to lie with having virutally no mana what so ever after a fight, so i'd need to be drinking alot.

- Macro:
    #showtooltip /startattack /castsequence [mod:alt] Consecration; reset=5 Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Shield, Judgement of Wisdom, Shield of Righteousness

- Armory Link (Probably not updated yet)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Silentstorms

Quick Rundown of my Avoidance and Stats
    Armor: 25595 - With Devotion - 27402 (I usually use Ret aura)
    Defense: 564
    Dodge: 26.02%
    Parry: 22.06%
    Block: 16.81%
    Health: Unbuffed (33400) - Buffed (36100) - Sanctuary
    Mana: 5584.

It seems once i have spammed the macro a few times i get down to around 100-200 mana and won't be able to even cast anything for a while, even when judging wisedom.

I Judge Wisedom + Use Seal of Vengence + Righteous Fury.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    you don't have Benediction that's why you're losing mana so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    you don't have Benediction that's why you're losing mana so fast.
    Ah right ok, is there another spec i should use? - I've never really tanked that much before so i guess i've just followed someones spec without looking into it properly.

Don't use a macro. you are probably running dry because you are using consecrate when the macro tells you to, not when you need it (like when there is one mob that will die within the next 3 seconds).

you dont need benediction at all as a tank i dont have it and i out-gear most of the content i do and i have 75%-100% mana
    I am actually older then your jesus i wish i could of known him....but i missed it. Godrick True Blood

Ok, now im slightly confused to what i should do. I've not really much experience with paladin tanks or specs but all i really know is i've running low really fast. It's true from what Padinbann is saying that you dont need it (looking at a few tanks on armory) But that might be due to the fact that they all have pretty much ilevel 264 + Gear in every slot.

- Is there a spec that includes benediction?

the macro is draining you dry are you 100% sure you have divine plea up all the time? and sanc ALL the time?
    I am actually older then your jesus i wish i could of known him....but i missed it. Godrick True Blood

I didn't need benediction in blue 187 gear either

the only time benediction and 2/2 spiritual attunement are required is general vezax hardmode in ulduar due to having extreme constraints on mana regeneration.

pyrea is correct your spec and gear isnt bad at all not something id personally use spec wise
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tA...dxfMzbc:p0kmzc is more something id use myself
    only thing i can think of is youre not having sanc up to get mana from avoiding attacks divine plea for constant mana ever 5 secs and judgement of wisdom when auto attacking or not getting healed enough to get mana back from heals (Overhealing doesnt give mana back)

Without the macro, Using Devine Plea + Sanc up im able to stay at around 80% mana by using this rotation;

Going in > Divine plea
    Avenger's Shield
    Judgement of Wisdom
    Hammer of Righteousness
    Shield of Righteousness
    By this time plea is usually being refreshed, and i refresh Wisdom when it's about to fall, or off cooldown.
    - I've not been using Avenger's Shield / Exorism / Conceration / and this was done on the level 80 non elite test dummy.

. Im guessing to really test this i'll have to go into a heroic and try it this way. But yea, i think it must of been the macro that was draining my mana that much.

you cannot practice your rotation on a target dummy due to it not hitting back

I go in with
    avenger shield
    judgement
    shield of right.
    holy shield
    hammer of the right.
    consecrate

You might want to change your spec around a bit. You really don't need divinity. You're probably better off taking those points and moving down the Retribution tree. In Ret you'll want Seal of Command, on multi mob pulls this will save you some mana, you drop Consecration once then SoC's multi target damage along with HoR will help keep aggro. You can then get 3 points into Crusade; and Crusade is a nice threat/damage talent.

This is my pally, the spec is pretty cookie cutter; I don't take PoJ, I have Tuskar's on my boots and the movement speed increase from PoJ, is IMHO, meh at best. The point in IBoM could just as easily been put into Improved Judgments, really it's a matter of being able to get down the tree.

In the end, I've found that in 5 mans, SoC has helped the mana drain a lot.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...raw&gn=Imprint

Ah, i've just done Heroic Oculus + Gun'drak without any mana problems!

/thanks alot all.

More then Welcome

Glad we could help.

+ Reply to Thread