+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are 2H Enhance Shamans frowned upon?

Why are 2H Enhance Shamans frowned upon?

I play a 2H Enhance Shaman and I get a lot of questions asking why I use a 2Hander instead of dual wielding. I do dual wield on occasion but I have found the 2Hander to add a lot more pressure to clothies and soft classes than the dual wield side of shamans.

So I was just curious as to if anyone else feels the way I do and what, if anything, you guys think I could change about my spec to make me more effective, although, at this time I don't have a problem taking out anything(but healers of course).

I dunno, to me it seems like an enhance shaman using two weapons would have more weapon haste then one using a single and much slower two handed weapon. Full Wrathful geared enhance shamans with two weapons can be brutal to deal with if they know how to play well, even as a plate wearer with resilience enhance shamans can cut me up like butter. Enhance + Disc Priest both in PvP gear can be a mean combination if they are working together properly.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Are we talking before you can dual wield as in leveling up or at 80?

If at 80, it's a pure and major dps loss i could elaborate in great detail with all mechanics but basically you want to read this if interested.

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20765-shaman_enhancement/

The general consensus is it's been dead for 2 years and it isn't viable anymore at high level.

In a strickly PVP sense its more for shits and giggles than anything. Sure you might get lucky with your Windfury proc and almost 1 shot potential victims, however youre still going to get a far more reliable dps burst from using 2 1 Handers.

In PVE well... its not viable anymore at all.

I personally run around BG's with a Bryntroll as an Enhance Shaman from time to time (before anyone asks the Bryntroll was going to be DE'd). Its funny when it works, however like I said above, its shits and giggles. It wont ever be competitive.

thanks for the replies. Yea, I was talking about lvl 80 pvp. Right now I'm running around in all pvp gear, mix of relentless, furious and wrathful accessories. I am just about to start arenas so I wanted to get everyones take on it. I run around in BG's and never have a problem but I know that in arena's it's an entirely different game.

I am going to try both and see which one seems better. I agree that most likely dual wielding will outweigh the 2handed option, but I want to give both a fair shot as I enjoy 2handers much better.

Thanks again for the replies

For PvP specifically it's an even easier choice, as i didn't check the thread section in my first reply.

Frostbrand = snare + increased dmg if talented (what is not optional if you pvp) or Windfury, a must have dps enchant. Or going dual wield and having both.

I'm sorry to say but you're not going to find any serious PvP partner that will team up with a 2 hander enhancement shaman in any comp, simply because you're giving up either part of your utility or burst dps for either while every one else has both. As mentioned before it's an approach you take if you want to fool around.

While burst might 'seem' higher on a single hit from using a 2hander with WF, you actually have a higher burst using dualwield.

Purely having frost shock as a root/snare won't cut it, we are a class based on hitting fast and a lot, not slow hard swings. In addition our abilities proc faster with dualwield then with a 2 hander, Maelstrom weapon, stormstrike etc.

There is no benefit what so ever to using a 2 hander as an enhancement shaman above level 39, what so ever. Only loss in utility and damage.

And yep, i do have a shaman i do pvp with

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    thanks for the replies. Yea, I was talking about lvl 80 pvp. Right now I'm running around in all pvp gear, mix of relentless, furious and wrathful accessories. I am just about to start arenas so I wanted to get everyones take on it. I run around in BG's and never have a problem but I know that in arena's it's an entirely different game.

I am going to try both and see which one seems better. I agree that most likely dual wielding will outweigh the 2handed option, but I want to give both a fair shot as I enjoy 2handers much better.

Thanks again for the replies
    If you enjoy 2H weapons, use a 2H class like paladin, warrior, or death knight, which all have viable 2H weapon-focused damage-dealing butt-kicking specs

Well I tried it out and it's staggering what the difference is like, both in pvp and pve. I knew in pve it was going to be a significant increase. But in pvp I tear through people even faster. I've had this shaman since launch and definitely miss the 2handed days, but the fact that dual wield has been given to us has made us (through talents) even more deadly than the pre BC days with a 2hander and windfury. Of course, I have all the correct talents and weapon enchants on, and me and one other guy ( a ret pally) went through a EotS and ended tied for first, with 78 kills and no deaths. Speaks for itself

Ofc he will have some big numbers with 2H, but enh shamans are simply supposed to dual wield, no point to discuss about that anymore

No stalker is right lol, I just wanted to show you how FUN this game can be when not played appropriately.

By all means its your 15$ a month lol. If you want to add more pressure... yeah sorry but duel wield is the way to go. Meh 2h enhancement shamans do exsist. Go for it man

+ Reply to Thread