+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight tank threat

Death Knight tank threat

My death knight tank has been my main for over a year now,and I've constantly been playing around with my specs seeing what I thought worked best.I currently have 2 different raid specs,one blood and one frost.Most people claim that blood is the best raid spec,but I'm not so sure anymore.I really love blood, but I feel that it really lacks in threat unless you sacrifice survivability and spec into threat like I have done.Anyone agree with me here?anyone have any thoughts on a better threat spec?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...pear&cn=Ralekk

I think it would help to change your spec a little, here is what I use and it works fine for me.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...yssal+Seraphim

This is a 53-8-10 build that I picked up from Satorri's blog on tank spot, I know you should have 3 points in Improved Icy Touch, it's your hit to spam for massive threat. Also, you need to take Rune tap and Improved Rune tap for the healing effects which also help with generating threat through healing. You should drop Sudden Doom, Necrosis and Scent of Blood all together IMHO.
    Hope that helps

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...cn=Oit&group=2

I use a 52/8/10 build as well, however I Firmly Believe that Scent of Blood is a much better talent then Subversion, For the basic reason that you runestrike, Death coil, IBF, AMS, etc a lot more then you Heart strike. I would agree with rune tap + imp rune tap as well, I was a septic of these talents for awhile till i went out and tried it VB + Imp Rune tap is not only 50% of your hp but it's also A Ton of threat.
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

I use the exact same spec that you do and I don't see how it is sacrificing survivability. I do admit its a bit overpowered when it comes to threat but isnt that just how DKs are since the buff to IT?

Quote Originally Posted by PatrikL View Post
    I use the exact same spec that you do and I don't see how it is sacrificing survivability. I do admit its a bit overpowered when it comes to threat but isnt that just how DKs are since the buff to IT?
    I have clearly changed my spec since I psoted this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Ralekk View Post
    I have clearly changed my spec since I psoted this thread....
    Sorry wasnt clear to me :-)

I dropped scent of blood a long time ago and i didn't personally miss out on the runic power it gains.

It only becomes an issue for let's say wanting to maybe pop DRW real early on, then again can always use empowered run weapon to gain some extra runic power.

+ Reply to Thread