+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate my T10 Warrior, What to do for Cataclysm?

Rate my T10 Warrior, What to do for Cataclysm?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ssan&cn=Urugri

This is my only character, I levelled him Prot the whole way cause I love tanking. I like to think he is in pretty good shape for a casual player, pugging mostly everything..But I am not sure what I should be doing now to get ready for cataclysm, so for anyone who wants to help..

Main question is should I be sticking with this 4pc bonus and trying to get more sanc tokens to improve that way or ditch 2 of the pieces and pickup pillars of might, frost emblem gloves, and Cataclysmic Chestguard to replace Ghoul Commanders Cuirass? Is there any changes you would make to make the change to cataclysm better? I plan on tanking all the way to 85! Thanks!

Being that nobody knows exactly how the mechanics will play out, there is no answer to 'better for cataclysm'. All you can do is improve your gear now, which means you run 4-piece Sanctified with the pillars of might.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Thanks for the reply.. Yea I think you hit the nail on the head with my question.. Should've just asked 'What can I do better here?' because inevitably if I am in the best gear possible NOW then when Cata drops I will be in a better position than not, fair enough..

So if your toon were mine you would swap the legs for pillars and spend the badges on the set chestpiece? (I have 90).. Then wait/run for sanc tokens instead of getting cataclysmic chestguard? That kinda sucks cause the only piece of Sanc gear I have is the legs..

I would forget about gearing now for Cata - it sounds like tanks in particular will have to replace all their gear pretty fast.

I would focus on what you want to do for the next two months or so, bearing in mind that there will be a gear reset and it will be nice to have a war chest going into Cata to buy the new shinies. I would keep your legs and keep your gold; forget about the pillars. Spend your frosties on the chest - its a sweet piece and the frosties are getting really devalued with the currency changes.

Hmmm.... Are you currently raiding (or plan to be after 4.0 drops)?

This will have an impact on your gearing choices. It may be worth it (if you are just pugging to waste time till Cata) to save up your frost badges and emblems of triumph and just have a stockpile for when the currencies change, but that is tough to say as well.

I'm just a fan of gearing for current content, which means getting the Cataclysmic and your tier chest (then upgrading it to replace the cataclysmic) and picking up your 4 piece t10 (sactified). Until it is sanctified, it isn't going to be better than the offset pieces (gauntlets/cataclysmic/pillars).
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread