+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior - Basically, I'm hopeless!

Fury Warrior - Basically, I'm hopeless!

I've read a few of the fury warrior posts and still need help; I can't seem to get any higher than 3k dps

I think my rotation is sound ( WW > BT > HS (or Slam if it procs) > BT > WW), I've gemmed STR, I'm farming FoS HC for the NES trinket and PoS for another Tyrannical Beheader. My armoury link is below:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gg&cn=Cloudvii

Basically, am I just rubbish, or is there something I can do improve? Constant abuse in 10/25 man PuGs is starting to wear me down.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

* You're missing enchants. As you are still just gearing up, maybe the most expensive ones would be silly... but you should have something there. Something that makes sense.

* If your baseline armor penetration is high enough that gemming would get you to hard cap, then go for it. But it looks like that isn't the case, but you have an arpen gem in your belt.

* you have some weird enchants. Stam to shoulders and armor to gloves and cloak? Get proper, dps-oriented enchants. Yeah yeah the armor adds to your attack power but not nearly as much as a +attack power enchant.

* Berserking to your main hand weapon, at least.

* Not a good meta gem. Get the +21 agility/+3% crit damage meta.

* Do you have a mod to track slam procs? You might be missing some, if not.

* Do you use heroic strike when you have high rage? Or cleave if there are multiple mobs?

#1 if that's your rotation that's fine, make sure you dont miss slam procs.
    #2 you have 11% hit, that's Bad, really bad, you have gemmed hit and have a hit trinket, get rid of both. Hit cap is 5%(164 rating)
    #3 when you get the NES you want to gem ArP till you have 53%, so that you can reach the hardcap
    #4 you decided to get anger management instead of 3/3 deep wounds, this is bad, fix it
    #5 as the poster above said your missing a lot of enchants and the ones you have aren't proper enchants(minus bracers)
    #6 At the level your gear is currently you need to watch your rage, dont hs if you are below 50 rage your offhand isn't good enough to generate all your rage for you just yet.
    #7 If you have a parse from one of these '10/25 man raids' we can give you much more detailed information.
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

I will re-gem and get my enchants sorted out. I do cleave for multi-mobs, but I don't have a mod for when slam procs. I'll have a trawl through the other fury warrior posts, I'll sure I'll find what mod(s) I need.

Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated

I use Quatz Proc Mod to alert me for slams, there are mods that just alert for slams, but I use quartz for my cast bars anyways
    Also try this macro for your slams, make sure you never ever ever cast a slam

#showtooltip Slam
    /cast Slam
    /stopcast

This will (most of the time) kill a slam cast that you accidentally hit, the best way to not cast a slam is to not hit it. but that macro with gaining a habit for Jumping while dps'n also works. this habit is only really bad on HM Blood princes.
    Last edited by gd_void; 09-24-2010 at 06:52 AM.

I've been reading a lot and "trying" to do research, but this game has absolutely humbled me. Could anyone provide an anaylsis of my character please? My dps stinks on both my warrior below and my dk below that? Thank you so much in advance! My dk is unholy because my GM told me of the Cata changes. Please dummy down terms and stuff for me, I love the game, but dont know all the jargon.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ger&cn=Cryptic

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Bonehoarder

well to answer with one word: Expertise. You'll need to have 26 expertise, otherwise any lvl 83 boss will dodge some of your attacks.

Try prioritizing BT before WW..reason for this is that WW has a longer cooldown and BT does more damage. In a typical 8 second rotation you can get more from BT than you can from ww.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you bought the wrong 264 cloak. The one with expertise would have done you so much more good. You must have 26 percent expertise in your main hand. Without it your are being dodged and parried by bosses, and that will completely retard your dps. Alot of the above posters are correct too, but you have to mabey gem expertise for now, although you will replace those gems when you get gear with expertise. Hopefully you are doing voa 10/25 each week for the pants. They have some good expertise. You should fix your spec. Put 3 points in deep wounds. You should enchant all of your gear (your bracers, helm, and shoulders need them). Enchant for attack power and for now I would get some expertise gems. There are some really cheap upgrades you can buy or have a blacksmith make. One is the 245 chest, the 245 bracers, the 264 boots, the level 232 belt. The level 245 throwing weapon has expertise on it, so if you have some triumph emblems get that. Since you only need 164 hit, stay away from and replace any current "hit" gear. "Hit" appears in place of other useful stats such as armor pen or crit. More that 164 hit doesn't affect your dps at all so it's completely wasted, whereas other stats would increase your dps. The NES trinket, Darkmoon card of greatness (str), or pretty much any dps trinket would be better than the mark of supremacy.

but keep in mind that arp goes bye bye in cata

What's happening with this one...? Suggestions, please.

OK... not hopeless, I'm pretty happy (mostly) with my current build, but I get told (very occasionally) that I should be doing better DPS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Splashlog

Rotation: Intercept/Heroic Throw > Whirlwind > Bloodthirst > Cleave > Slam (proc'd or not) > Victory Rush > Execute

Shard of the Crystal Heart and Battlemaster's Vivacity are used whenever they can be used. Basically, once they CD, I pop them again.

I have no idea what is happening here, but I was told that I should come ask a few questions... In large mobs, I can make HUGE DPS... Last night, I was in an ICC10, and I was doing over 7K. In standard H-mode random dungeons, I do about 3K to 3.3K. Versus single targets, I can't get too much over 2K to 2.2K. This is what I was doing on Saturday morning in ToC10, H-mode. Is this relatively normal? It would seem to be correct to me, but I was told that with my existing gear, I should be doing 3.5K to 4K, even against single targets.

Even at these DPS rates, I still nearly ALWAYS land at #1 on the Recount list, if not for DPS, then for % Damage done. 30 to 33% is exceptionally regular for me. I've never done less than 25%. Ever. When running 5-man dungeons with 74-76 guildies, (and I know that's not a fair comparison) 55 to 60% is not unheard of.

Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? *IS* ArmPen really going away in Cataclysm?

@ haemphyst, you are under expertise capped, your over hit cap by nearly 10%, both your trinkets are trash, you have a +30 sta gem in your bracers, you should never hit slam unless it procs, your gear you should be able to easly do 6-7K dps in heroics single target. yes ArP is gone in Cataclysm, that means when 4.0 drops it will be gone. I suggest you take the time to read http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Warrior-Guide you need to fix your stat weights as well as work on your rotation.

wow, as my DPS Spec (Fury) i can only ever get 2.5k or below and that was in ICC25, i dont have great gear though thats what i assume anyway
    I have a rubbish rotation, ww then spam hs (cleave if multiple targets) and slam then ww whener its off CD

gd_void... If my trinkets are trash, what do you suggest in replacement? I'm willing to listen...

The hit cap, I know is exceeded, but it's nothing I can do anything about... ALL of my hit is my gear, I've added no enchant or gem to enhance hit.

So, seeing as ArmPen will be going away, do I gem for something else, and do it right now? Strength, perhaps?

Haste is bad until 4.0 drops.

Banner of Victory (ToC5 Normal - so farmable) and Mirror of Truth (trade triumphs down to emblems of heroism or something like that) and you have your 2 trinkets. Your PvP Battlemaster trinket is particularly useless for PvE, haste is the least beneficial Fury stat in Fury 3.X.

Swap the +21 crit for +21 agility meta. Then you only need 1 blue gem. +30 stamina is worthless for DPS.

Clut of Fort for a DPS spec? Um... NEVER. The Dexterious Triumph ring (Agility 245 triumph emblem ring)

Put the nightmare's tear in your boots, not the prismatic belt slot. Then you'll get the +6 str bonus.

For your neck, the 226 agility neck, broach of wailing night (conquest emblems) is better than what you have. Yes it is agility, but it doesn't have hit and it does have ArP. Plus Agility gear is often better than str gear because Agility + the 'bonus' AP on it is greater than the benefits of pure strength gear. At least until 4.0 hits. Then with AP removed as an item on stats, I'm not sure that will be the case.

Hit until 164 and Exp until you have 26 (I dont' know what the rating is) are the two biggest DPS stats. You have 400 hit, you can lose some there (more then 200) without any negatives really. You have 22 Exp. Gem for Exp. Get to 26 Exp. Enchanting for Exp is > Gemming, so swap your Exp Gems out before enchants. When you hit 26 (more than 26 exp doesn't get you much - since your positioning on the boss fights makes anything more irrelvent).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Im writing here becasue for some reason i can't start a blog...

Well i am an arms warrior/prot warrior..i tank and dps ICC 10's and 25's...my dps single target has gotten to be about 7k max..but usually around 5-6k is more likely...i absolutely am terrible with fury spec but i see some warriors...the best even are in fury spec and i've seen on some sites they do 17k on a single target...like on festergut 17k straight for 4-5 minutes. That's dreamland for me. But i would like to know how to get good dps ...well i think my dps is good but if i could throw out 10k single target consistenly i could probably get into some of the higher end raids...with better players. im on wow-heroes...On Shattered Halls Realm (Us) Ceridion is his name....any tips would be good...even if i have to go fury...tips from those who know pls. ive tried the rotation they say...the gems ..everything idk how they get that high dps.

+ Reply to Thread