+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rune Weapon

Rune Weapon

I've found a couple conflicting threads via google on whether or not Rune Weapon gives threat to the DK, and if it does, if it's modified by Frost Presence. Could anyone give me a clear answer on this, please? It would be much appreciated .

Yes it gives threat, dont think its modified by presence you are in.

Originally it didn't was modified to give the damage it does as threat no modifiers for presence.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

^ Thank you both for your answers .

Is it an okay talent to have, though? I feel like a blood tanking spec has a few points you can play around with depending on what you're tanking and how much extra avoidance you need. If I don't need mark of blood, why not put the point in Rune Weapon, right? Or is it hardly any extra threat without the Frost Presence modifier?

Personally i never tried out Rune Weapon. Yes blood has a few floater points but i always found some really nifty things to spend it on before i ever came close to Rune Weapon. But then, i'm a huge fan of Rune Tap which a lot of specs just jump over.

Still if i really had points to spend elsewhere, i'd first go over & grab virulance before thinking about rune weapon. I feel i lose a lot more threat reapplying diseases that i missed than a 12 sec minor boost every 1.5 mins would give but then i havent tested it out either.

i love rune weapon not only because of threat but because it allows u to put 4 diseases on the target spread them around, then use death strike for bigger heals not to mention the extra heals u get from 2 death strikes.

+ Reply to Thread