+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've got too much armor.

I've got too much armor.

Yeah, I wanted to know what my armor would be at it's peak, and this is what I got.

I guess my armor is high enough that the proc from the rep ring (included in the screenshot) doesn't really work anymore. I use it for the hit, but still.

So, I want some opinions. Is having this much armor a good or a bad plan? What would you change in my gear setup?
    I already swap out trinkets as they are preferred for the fight. I currently use the Corroded Skeleton Key and Sindragosa's Flawless Fang for stamina,(both 264) and the normal Petrified Twilight Scale and heroic Unidentified Organ for armor.
    Armory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

ok I can see here that your fully raid buffed, you are aware that 49.9k is the armor hard cap yeah ? so having anything over that is pointless you may as well use the Belt of Broken Bones and the Legguards of Lost Hope (both heroic of course) they will increase your stats and drop your armor a little bit to an acceptable level, and increase your HP which will work well with the armor.

Re: I've got too much armor.

He really should ditch one of his armor trinkets for a stam trinket.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    ok I can see here that your fully raid buffed, you are aware that 49.9k is the armor hard cap yeah ? so having anything over that is pointless you may as well use the Belt of Broken Bones and the Legguards of Lost Hope (both heroic of course) they will increase your stats and drop your armor a little bit to an acceptable level, and increase your HP which will work well with the armor.
    Fully raid buffed, in 25man raid combat, with an armor potion and a rep ring proc.
    When I said peak, that's what I meant.

The rep ring proc (2400 armor) is hardly reliable enough to be included as "static", uptime is less than 10%. Armor pots (3500 armor, 4 mins if you double pot), while nice, aren't going to have enough of an uptime on anything encounter that you're actually worried about survival (IE LK HM, 15 minutes+).

Although it makes for a post title that's sure to get some attention, I certainly wouldn't say you have "too much".

Besides, if you really want to stack it, where's your sword from ToGC 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    The rep ring proc (2400 armor) is hardly reliable enough to be included as "static", uptime is less than 10%. Armor pots (3500 armor, 4 mins if you double pot), while nice, aren't going to have enough of an uptime on anything encounter that you're actually worried about survival (IE LK HM, 15 minutes+).
    Actually, it helps a lot in p1 - you can have full uptime there, and there's some hard hitting going on.

Although it makes for a post title that's sure to get some attention, I certainly wouldn't say you have "too much".
    Guilty as charged. I'd still like some opinions on my gear, though.
    Besides, if you really want to stack it, where's your sword from ToGC 10?
    It never dropped for me, and all the armor in the world won't do me any good if my taunts miss or I get overaggroed.

As sirlion pointed out martie thats just a number on screen for all server side calcs your armor is 49,905 vs a level 83.

Your over cap when you peak it's pointless your 51434 becomes 49905 for the damage redux calc server side unless you fighting level 84 mobs :-)
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    As sirlion pointed out martie thats just a number on screen for all server side calcs your armor is 49,905 vs a level 83.

Your over cap when you peak it's pointless your 51434 becomes 49905 for the damage redux calc server side unless you fighting level 84 mobs :-)
    I'm pretty sure he knows that ;-) This was just seeing how high it could get for fun.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread