Thread: Halion 25 HM Survivability and Living Inferno

Halion 25 HM Survivability and Living Inferno

Alright I don't currently have the latest World of Logs for this encounter yet but I'd like to ask a few raiders on how they deal with survivability on the first phase of this encounter (we managed to get to phase 2 everytime and wipe there).

I mainly do P1 and P3 where in P1 I also tank the Living Inferno with Halion. The biggest issue I have with this phase is living long enough for phase 2 to happen. It seems at random that I will get parry gibbed in 0.4 seconds which isn't very fun.. Usually in my combat log I will see something like Melee swing for 18k+, Cleave for 22k, Melee for 18k -> Dead Tank or Double Melee Swings (38k then 25K) then I'm dead.

Of course the other thing is that I don't know when this happens I could be sitting at 60-80% HP and be fine and the next second at 100% HP I'm dead. I generally use a CD if I'm at 60% or higher but when I'm really low I try to use one ASAP.

In terms of healers for that night of attempts we had no holy pallies but 2 shammies, 2 priests and 2 resto druids which should've been enough to keep me up in between the combustions and meteor strikes.

Ok as for the Living Inferno I've noticed that this add becomes taunt immune after one taunt and I generally have to wait for this guy to move before taunting (in other words right after it spawns from the meteor strike) otherwise it will never target me and hit the raid instead. I don't have issues holding aggro on it afterwards but its getting the initial aggro which seems to be the issue.

In the strat we use Halion is tanked in the middle of the room so when meteor strike happens the whole raid runs right through him and when then Living Inferno spawns I should be able to grab him in time.

Parry Haste Gibs? Have a look at this topic: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?70482-Heroic-Halion-and-Expertise-Capping-%28How-To!%29

And you could consider adding another tank to handle the living infernos. Or having assigned hunters or even rogues md/tricking them to you.

Wow thanks for the reply I'll definitely check out that thread post. As for another tank our 3rd tank usually picks up all the small adds that spawn during the meteor strike. We then have our melee AoE them down while the ranged work on the Living Inferno. Most of the time this works until I die lol

Just an FYI, here's something I noticed... Not sure if this was posted anywhere or if this is old news, but Halion definitely LOST his buff where he ignores 20% of the tank's dodge and 5% of his miss chance in the shadow realm. Up top, the tank on Halion still suffers from -20% dodge and -5% miss. We wiped a lot tonight (patch issues and some bugs, yay), and this is what I gathered after looking over all the logs and checking numbers between wipes.

Is this still the case by any chance?
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.