+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury warrior wondering how to increase dps

Fury warrior wondering how to increase dps

I've gotten a few upgrades in the last cpl months but i'm still unable to hard cap ArP, but, in icc10 my dps is roughly 10k single target with the 30% buff. sadly, it's not much higher in 25. i feel like i should be doing at least 3-5k more, if i'm wrong plz tell me, but, if i should be doing what i think i am plz give me some advice. here is my armory link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&cn=Fablecell

i have a cpl BiS nonheroic, i just recently got into a steady group for 25, so, hopefully, i can get some more ArP gear. my rotation is standard from what i've tested and read up on, so no questions there, just wondering if anyone sees a problem with my gear that i could adjust for improvement. Thx for any advice or criticism, i'm open to anything.

A Weapon Change to start

I didn't look at glyphs your using or your tree, but as far as gear goes I did see one area you could improve upon easily and right away.

Why use a sword when you can use an axe. By not using Shadows Edge you are giving away 92 ArP (6.57%) not to mention 2 red sockets which brings to total 132 ArP you are missing out on.

first change your hit socket in your offhand you are over the hitcap and reduce your exp to 26 (By using the agility cloak you get for frost emblems for example). You can also change the icewalker on your boots to tuskarr's vitality or cat's swiftness (BiS enchantment I guess).Then I think pure crit gems a pretty horrible. Use 10 Str+ 10 Crit to activate the socket bonus (if necessary) or use pure strength. You are over the arp softcap of your NES. Reduce your Arp to 722 (1400-678 from NES) or change your NES (by death choice, WFS deathbringers will etc) and use arp sockets instead of strength sockets (but check this by landsouls spreadsheet, I don't know whats the better option for you right now)

You're really going to hate me for this, but you got the wrong battered hilt weapon. The MUCH better one for warriors is the one with agility and armor pen.

Banner of Victory over NES (+84 ArP)

Gems
    Head, Neck, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Waist, Feet, Ring1, Ring2, OH (x2) each have a gem slot not used on ArP. That's 11 slots. 220 ArP

That's 923 + 304 = 1227

Then Shadows Edge or a second Blade of Culling is another 123/132 ArP taking you up to 1350/1359 ArP.

Food (Hearty Rhino) = 1390/1399 ArP. (You may also look into the ArP Flask - and farm the rhinos. 30 minutes will get you a couple of stacks or more so you don't have to buy it).

So you are a Blade of Culling or Shadow's edge away from hitting the ArP cap (Banner of Victory is farmable, ToC5 normal). That's 1 drop.

Replace Banner of Victory with Death Bringer's Will. You may also want to look at getting Vengful Noose (leather 264 emblem belt) for a little more ArP.

Hit you need only 164. Exp will be rather high if you get a 2nd blade of culling until you get Shadow's Edge.

To hit the 1400 ArP cap, you can't really expect to hit any gem sockets until you get better gear/death bringer's will except if they're all Red or the single best Red/Blue which you've done with Nightmare's Tear.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Biocore View Post
    first change your hit socket in your offhand you are over the hitcap and reduce your exp to 26 (By using the agility cloak you get for frost emblems for example). You can also change the icewalker on your boots to tuskarr's vitality or cat's swiftness (BiS enchantment I guess).Then I think pure crit gems a pretty horrible. Use 10 Str+ 10 Crit to activate the socket bonus (if necessary) or use pure strength. You are over the arp softcap of your NES. Reduce your Arp to 722 (1400-678 from NES) or change your NES (by death choice, WFS deathbringers will etc) and use arp sockets instead of strength sockets (but check this by landsouls spreadsheet, I don't know whats the better option for you right now)
    To explain Biocore's suggestions in a little more detail (why he's right)

Cloak is a good short term option, the current cloak is BiS sub heroic. Given the time left before 4.0, the Agility cloak is an upgrade in almost every case.

Cat's Swiftness is the preferred enchant for boots because the extra run speed helps on movement fights, e.g. all of ICC.

Pure yellow anything unless it's hit and you don't have many spare gem slots is bad. +10str/+10crit is the way to go.

I would argue for dropping NES immediately as you're not that far from the ArP hard cap. You can get 85 ArP from food and flasks so you'd be over 90% even without upgrading your weapon, just by replacing NES with Banner and gemming pure ArP. Should be a DPS increase as ArP should be worth more than Str at that level.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I think to simplify things you should just gem all ARP (except for a nightmare tear). The hit and crit gems are way off and although gemming str in some cases makes sense it doesn't for you. Get Banner of victory as one of your trinkets. Hopefully you will be lucky enough to get DBW from one of your Icc25 runs soon. Your spec and glyphs look good. Make shadows edge (don't be cheap!). Eat ARP food and take ARP elixer. You will be at the hard cap at that point. Enchant tuskars on the boots for the run speed. No one above discussed rotation, which is the only other thing that could increase your dps. Are you hitting all of your free slams? Are you using cleave on multiple targets?

To throw my 2 cents into this, Gem for the ArP soft cap, you have a good base of gear, but your ap/crit is low to support a switch to hardcap. and just stay soft capped till 4.0, unless you get really lucky and get a DBW and a Banner of Victory(which is totally better then that crappy haste trinket)

If you decide to gem for ArP soft cap(722 arp rating as stated above) make sure to switch all your yellow sockets to str/crit where it will give you a bonus

The suggested weapon changes are also highly recommended the STR hilt sword doesn't work very well with your stat weights right now, not to menchion haste is next to useless(aka slightly above int)
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

my rotation is ww>bt>slam when procs x1(if it procs 2 i use it once, hit bt and/or ww if close to off cd then come back and hit 2nd slam proc) i pretty much spam hs and i never get rage starved during boss fights, trash i spam cleave and pretty much follow the same rotation except i throw in victory rush when everything else is on cd. i normally don't have to sunder cuz one of our tanks is warrior.

so, are you saying replace NES with banner or use them together? also, i'm working on the shadow's edge, been having trouble getting the blood, seems like someone new always wins it, i just suck at rolls. i'll replace the crit gems and get as close to hard cap as i can, i had originally thought, or was under the impression that it was only useful if i could completely hard cap it, but, i see how it could improve with the frequency of the trink popping versus steady 90% ArP. if i misunderstood any of this plz smack me and square me away. thx for all the advice, i'll hopefully be able to check the revamp tomorrow on putricide's stupid face.
    Last edited by Fablecell; 09-22-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: additional reply

+ Reply to Thread