+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mutilate Rogues - Daggers

Mutilate Rogues - Daggers

So one thing I've always known is that a fast off-hand and a slightly slower main-hand is generally the way to go. Now, I've always looked at what the DPS and speed of a dagger is to determine if I want to use it. But can a lower dps dagger with better stats be better? For example I have Bloodsipper from Blood Queen in my bags, but currently I have Heartpierce as my main dagger. Heartpierce has barely any stats, and only has a energy regen effect. Bloodsipper has a lot more stats, but not as much dps as Heartpierce. So, would I got with Heartpierce, or Bloodsipper?

Use the spreadsheet.

Avoid the spreadsheet, it will limit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Avoid the spreadsheet, it will limit you.
    Math is dumb and to be hated!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumines View Post
    I think I just found my new favorite blog post.

*bookmarks*

Alright I guess what I want answered is this: If you are looking at a dagger, what is your priority: Stats, or the actual dps?

Generally speaking, the higher the weapon DPS, the better. Mutilate rogues in 3.3 will always need at least one fast weapon. Running dual 1.8 daggers is a bad idea.

Heartpierce is a bit of a special case, since it's better than any ilvl 245 weapon you can get, but Gouge of the Frigid Heart (H) would give better DPS (depending on other gear), dispite the lower item level and weapon DPS.

For your situation, Heartpierce will likely be better than Bloodsipper - the energy regen proc makes up for the lack of stats. The only way to know for sure is to use one of the various sim tools out there.

A much better way is experience, of course. None of the sims are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    A much better way is experience, of course. None of the sims are you.
    Wouldn't it be simply wonderful if the sims and spreadsheets allowed you to import your character or enter your stats such that the output was relevant to your character? We can only dream, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumines View Post
    Wouldn't it be simply wonderful if the sims and spreadsheets allowed you to import your character or enter your stats such that the output was relevant to your character? We can only dream, I suppose.
    iDPS can import your character. As for spreadsheets, it takes you about 5 minutes the first time you use it, and then you save the file. When you open it again, *poof*, all your gear is still there, and you can enter your upgrades.

There are other sim tools for other classes that also allow you to import your character.
    - Rawr (although you'll have to check that your classes mechanics have been updated, Rawr.rogue is terrible at the moment)
    - Landsoul's Spreadsheet (Warriors)
    - Ask Mr. Robot (DK, druid, shaman)

Heaven forbid you actually have to do some work yourself in order to optimize your character. Why doesn't Blizz include all these sim tools in game?!? We can only dream, I suppose.
    Last edited by Zxian; 09-22-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Now I know [sarcasm] tags are usually required on the internet, but really? You didn't get any hint of sarcasm from that post at all, given my previous post too?

+ Reply to Thread