+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tankadin needs HALP!

Tankadin needs HALP!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Tuminator

I'm a new-ish pally tank from Thunderlord. I've been reading up on gearing and such and I feel I've done most everything right so far apart from my weapon enchant(I plan on using blood draining, I'm just waiting for a decent weapon to drop off ICC or ToGC10). I'm currently sitting at 52 frost badges and I'm stuck on what to get first, t10 helm or gloves. I would hate to get the t10 gloves only to have them drop from VoA, on the other hand the Kraken Gauntlets seem to be recommended over t10 gloves but I feel that that's in the context of tanks with access to heroic sanctified pieces. I know t10 2pc is recommended but I'd like to know how to go about getting there while keeping in mind that I don't have access to many heroic 25 pieces outside of Lootship and possibly some other easy heroics.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Since your using lootship hc shoulders your best bet would be to get both tier helm and tier gloves. Since your WAY above the expertise cap i would get the helm first.
    Also change the 10 stats gem to a 10 agi 15 stamina gem.

Alright, thats what I was thinking too. I can't change the helmet gem though, the helmet needs a yellow for +12 stam and the meta needs a red, nightmare tear is the only one that fits well. For now i plan on replacing my SoV glyph since my expertise is 27 without it.
    Last edited by Tuminator; 09-19-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuminator View Post
    Alright, thats what I was thinking too. I can't change the helmet gem though, the helmet needs a yellow for +12 stam and the meta needs a red, nightmare tear is the only one that fits well.
    If you pick up the +9 stamina socket bonus in your belt with a 10 agi/15 stam gem in the red socket and move the 51 stamina gem to your helm, you'll have a net gain of 2 stamina. They don't call it "min-maxing" for nothing :P

For now i plan on replacing my SoV glyph since my expertise is 27 without it.
    It's still your best threat glyph until around 53 expertise, as you're still reducing parries, so I wouldn't replace it.

Oo nice catch Lumines, didn't think of the combinations involving that +9 stam bonus at all >.< I'll probably wait 2 days though since after that I'll have the frost badges for the t10 helm(which uses 10agi/15 stam without any issues ).

Yeah I know about Exp being = to hit in threat even after soft cap... its just threat is the least of my worries since my guild is sort of carrying people as we try and get a full raid going, its a work in progress and as a result there isn't anyone doing even 80% of my TPS even on Saurfang where I have to hold back on consecrate/HotR during blood beasts(ranged dps is on the weak side atm, I pull off them when I use even one HotR and they seem to just let the blood beast hit me if I pull off them... like some sort of passive-aggressive message to me). I suppose I'll keep it though, just in case I PuG a raid with good DPS.
    Last edited by Tuminator; 09-20-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: fixed a sentence so it didn't sound retarded.

+ Reply to Thread