+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking gear for the fresh lvl70+

Tanking gear for the fresh lvl70+

I've been leveling a DK lately largely through random battlegrounds and occasional quests I've completed while waiting in the BG queue. Up until this point I've spent very little time in dungeons, and while I've hit lvl71 my gear (the stuff that isn't BoA) is fairly average. I've got to the stage where I want to start tanking dungeons. The thing is, basically none of my gear has + defense on it. Can anyone point me in the direction of some level 70-71 tanking gear that I can pick up pretty easily without having to rely on being carried through heroic BC dungeons or raids?

Quest rewards?

There is the cobalt plate set too.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Tanking gear for the fresh lvl70+

Buy the full cobalt set. Obviously, you can't use the shield so skip that. There are dungeon quests for UK and Nexus that have tank rewards to upgrade three slots. Check wow-loot.com for suitable weapon quest rewards or dungeon drops.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

What are your professions? The Eng helm and stam trinkets are pretty sweet

You might want to have a look here, almost same question and only a few days old: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ht=#post455473

Quote Originally Posted by Veldine View Post
    What are your professions? The Eng helm and stam trinkets are pretty sweet
    Skinning and Mining. Yup my Orc DK a busy worker bee.

The cobalt set, as mentioned, is your best option. Tanking specific items from quest rewards are a bit skimpy although what you can get still works well unless you have a shaky healer. But in terms of ease take some of that cobalt you mined and toss gold a BS way and get the entire set made.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

+ Reply to Thread