+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Strike macro?

Heroic Strike macro?

Hi, im kinda new here, i hope this is the right place to post this.

So i picked up my long time warrior and decided to level it up to have a tanking alt and am currently on 75 leveling as Protection.

I saw this macro that was like this:

/cast Devastate
    /cast Heroic Strike

So i immediatly started using it since having HS binded to other ability is great because is one less thing i have to worry about pressing, and saves keybind space. And also made same macro for 2 other abilities, Revenge and Shield Slam.

Now my question is, is it a good thing to have these 3 macros?

When im leveling i notice that sometime i want to use an ability but i got no rage because i used one of those macros and Heroic Strike went off spending my rage.
    I thought maybe i just bind Heroic Strike to one ability like Devastate instead of having it binded on all three, is that any better?

Maybe in raids on lvl 80 is not such a big problem because rage is always almost full?
    But i guess on 5 man Heroics can be a reason for rage starving?

I hope someone can help me on this

Sorry about my english and great website very helpfull.

When tanking at high level raids it's not as big of an issue to bind heroic strike, but the problem you're having now can have the same effect in raids too. Being rage starved is bad and getting in some white hits is good when you don't have much rage, aka: don't cast heroic strike. It's my opinion that it is better to micromanage heroic strike as a separate button, but it's not necessarily a bad thing to do, you just have to use it correctly.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

i dont macro it. just bind it to 1 on keyboard. 2, 3 and 4 are SS, dev and revenge. its easy enough to keep tapping one and cyling the others on single targets.

Don't use the macro. A common thing to do is bind HS to mwheelup and cleave to mwheeldwn.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread