+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tankadin loosing argo, help plz

Tankadin loosing argo, help plz

Ok, i'm lvl 79 now. I'm doing better now that you guy's have made some suggestions. Ty !! I'm still not sure of myself.. lol, but that will come with time and practice.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...or&cn=Stonetoe
    Last edited by Stonetoe; 09-19-2010 at 03:08 AM.

You should post your armory link for better advice.
    Addons most people use are Omen threat meter and Taunt Master, I would also get Grid or VuhDu, either work very well and though you don't need them now it helps to get use to setting them up. You can also get the Arsman enchant for gloves that will give you a 2% added threat modifier.
    It's important to get use to panning your camera around the room while you are standing in one spot tanking so you can see whats going on. Look up your class and study your rotations that give you max threat, tab targets to spread out your hits.

Tankadin loosing argo, help plz

I'm going to disagree with the previous poster on a couple points.
    1. Armsman is bad. Need to fix your rotation and you will find that 2% more threat is nothing.
    2. Tauntmaster is bad. This taunts your party member's target which at least half the time is not the mob hitting them and wastes your taunt cd.

I will agree that healbot or vuhdo are nice to see who has aggro. Additionally, you can set righteous defense just like any heal to taunt mobs without targeting them as a pally. Also, Omen is almost required.

I want to add a few things...
    You mentioned mobs in your face; this should ALMOST never be an issue. As a tank, you should be zoomed all the way out. In addition, search google for the console command to extend the camera distance to it's max. You need to be more aware of what is happening to everyone and you can't do that if you can't see.

Keybinding is more important to a tank than any other role IMO. If you are a clicker, practice for at least two weeks with keybinds. Practice on world mobs first.

Google the paladin 969 rotation. You want to read hits from; maintankadin.com, tankspot.com and elitistjerks.com

Get the addon "tidy plates" and the plug in "threat plates".

For more assistance, a character link would go a long way as the previous poster said.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I'm replying to the two post's in this one reply, michultradk & sifuedition, i've tried the tauntmaster, and i like it, i did not know it pulls other threats that are not really part of the mob, but still the adds should be on me.. right?? not the party.. lol
    I do have my camera zoomed out, just not all the way, i should know better, i'll fix that...
    I don't have any keybinding done, and i do know the 969 rotation, but right now my cd's are 6,8,8,8.. don't know why, they just are. maybe b/c i'm only lv 77 and not 80. Btw the rotation i'm diong is Avenger's shield, Shield of right, Holy shield, judgement of, conseration.
    I'll look into the tidy plates and threat plates and see what there about...
    And would you plz tell me how to do the character link..

ty for your input and i'm looking forward for more, i do want to be a good tank.. and not a fail one.
    Last edited by Stonetoe; 09-17-2010 at 08:06 AM.

In your rotation, try to pull with Avenger's Shield, when the mob is coming toward you, think about popping Divine Plea. Then it's the 969 rotation. Consecrate, Hammer of righteous, Holy shield, Shield of righteous, judgement, Hammer of..., Consecrate and so on...

The 3 9sec cooldowns are: Consecrate, Holy Shield and Judgement; the 2 6sec cooldowns are: Hammer of righteous, Shield of righteous.

I believe at 77 you should have everything. Divine plea, if you are glyphed for it gives you a 3% dmg reduction which will help your healer.

I leveled prot pretty much all the way from the early 30s! And I had aggro problem only when I started to tank heroics with all the people doing TOC (ICC wasn't out yet). Make sure Righteous Fury is on (I forgot about it two or three times and you know your group is not that good when you keep aggro anyway!), I don't know if it will be worth it, but look at the spec that uses Crusade from the Ret tree. Do not go that far, but you could take Seal Of Command which will give you some more aoe threat.

Sounds like you're having problems with multiple mobs. Which glyphs are you using? Make sure to have Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous. You'll hit another target with that.

You might throw a skull on your first target. I keep the mobs health bars up and click on the mobs and see where my threat is in Omen. I start with the mob that has the lowest health that isn't my initial target since it's getting the most damage from someone. If someone else has threat close to mine, I'll smack it a couple times and move on to the next lowest one. I don't tab target.

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 10

Really stupid question, but do you have Righteous Fury turned on?

Quote Originally Posted by Prucilak View Post
    Really stupid question, but do you have Righteous Fury turned on?
    Not a stupid question at all. I'm not going to admit how man times I've pulled and realized about 3 seconds later I didn't have RF on.

I have some much more basic problems and suggestions

1.) You have 5 points in divinity for a whole 5% help with healing if you put 2 points in vindication you would stop alot more damage and 3 points in crusade will help with threat on most mobs.

2.) Glyph of righteous defense is pointless for you not like you are doing critical tank swaps in raid. So a taunt may miss 8% of time use your other taunt and if that fails BOP the person.

3.) Get the biggest best weapon you can afford as a priority over everything else atm. Alot of our threat comes from our weapon via multipliers. Ok options for you

(Easy things to do

Do brewfest over and over until you have both stam trinkets and equip them those spell power trinks are hurting my eyes :-)

There is a quest in Zul drak http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12857 reward is a tanking weapon. Its an easy 2 man.

Hit WG or Bg's get 10K honour and buy the shoulder patch

(If you have a few bucks
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=41257 is usually cheap BS make them to level on most servers they are 250-350g. You wont be it means you can forget about weapons for a while and concentrate on rest of gear.

(If you have time

Do normal FOS, POS and TOC untill your nose bleeds and you have all the tank gear.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Not a stupid question at all. I'm not going to admit how man times I've pulled and realized about 3 seconds later I didn't have RF on.
    Or going down the gauntlet in UP, and mobs keep peeling off...............*whistles innocently*
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Or, for a more spectacular wipe, the ice cave thing in H-PoS >_>. I swear I should macro it to some other action, like putting up Sanc or something. Or, it should just stop going off when we die, LOL.

Brewfest Stamina Trinkets GO GO. Spell Power for paladin tanks hasn't been cool since BC. Also if you want a pro tanking weapon that is easy to get... You and 3 of your buddies can 4 man 25 man Flame Leviathan to get http://www.wowhead.com/item=45110.

Drop the glyph of Righteous Defense and pick up the Glyph of Vengeance. Until you reach the Hit Cap (262) and the Expertise Cap (26) those are gonna be your biggest threat increase stats. After that Strength is boss. Just make sure you don't gimp your survivability.

Also, drop divinity and get Seals of the Pure in the Holy Tree or Reckoning in the Prot Tree. Both will give you better threat.

Other than that just save your emblems to get your 232 gear from the ToC Gear and work on your rotation.

Avenger's Shield is not part of your rotation BTW. Its only a pulling tool.

Hammer of the Righteous(6) - Consecrate(9) - Shield of Righteousness(6) - Holy Shield(9) - Hammer of the Righteous(6) - Judgment of Light/Wisdom(9) - Shield of Righteousness(6) - Consecrate(9).

Basically if you cast Hammer of the Righteous next to Shield of Righteousness at any time you are doing it wrong. Or if you cast Consecrate, Judgment of Light/Wisdom, or Holy Shield next to each other you are doing it wrong.

+ Reply to Thread