+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Violet Hold - Out of control mobs

Heroic Violet Hold - Out of control mobs

Now I know its just Violet Hold, but I want to do this better. Basically, four mobs spawn from the portal as I'm running to it. Two go left , two go right. I can pickup one group no problem. I chatge and thunderclap , but I'm at a loss to pick up the second.

Yes, its V H and the moonkin or shaman could tank the other group. But that isn't the way it should be handled. How do you guys handle this situation.
    Level 80 Warrior, Druid, and Paladin

Just gotta get there faster, generally. I'm always waiting at the portal before the mobs spawn.

You could always intercept the other pack as its moving away. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    Just gotta get there faster, generally. I'm always waiting at the portal before the mobs spawn.

You could always intercept the other pack as its moving away. =D
    That or don't try to get them up on the ledge. Let them come down and merge them in front. If you can't get there fast enough, don't try, instead grab them below (TC one group, let them chase you demo shout to the grab the other.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

yeah if you are late getting there, just go for the 2 heading for the end around and pick them up, then catch the other 2 as they come down the hill. DPS should wait till you round them up. If not, do not worry about it, it was their choice to attack hehe.

If you are refering to the portal up the broken ramp to the left as you enter the instance, then dont try to get them up top. Got to the step there to the left of the portal, also to your left when you enter the instance. Wait there. The ones that go down the broken ramp will run right towards you for the most part. It is way easier to do it that way, than to try an run up and get them, UNLESS, you are really paying attention, and you start to run the very second the portal spawns. Even then, I still recomend that you just wait at the steps and let them come to you. ALL those mobs are making a B-Line to the front door, so no worries, you will get them.

I tanked an entire wave of adds between the first and socond boss, because tank DC'd, and I tanked them all at the steps where you enter the instance. Not the best way of course, unless you have sick DPS, but it worked in the situation we were in.

That's the portal I was refering too, yes. Thank you for your advice, I feel much better about my chances once I head back in there again.
    Level 80 Warrior, Druid, and Paladin

Stomp, poof, kill.

That's the technical explanation.

You pick up the two coming down the center with the stomp, and you keep running to pick the other two up with a poof or a yell.

Then you stomp their peckers shut.

Get agg, hold agg, run back to corpse. Carry on.

Heroic Violet Hold - Out of control mobs

Dps needs to wake up if you aren't at portal before they spawn. Having said that just pick up the two nearest with tc and go charge heroic throw the other two. It's vh they hit like pansies anyway. If dps are dumb not to follow you in picking up the two runners but are pew pewing the first two then just intercept back to them.

If for whatever reason I can't get there in time I usually just wait toward the bottom of the stairs for them to get to me. So long as DPS can keep it in their pants that seems to work fine. If they start spraying dps all over the place and pull, that's really their problem.

I heroic throw one and taunt the other one.
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Stomp, poof, kill.

That's the technical explanation.

You pick up the two coming down the center with the stomp, and you keep running to pick the other two up with a poof or a yell.

Then you stomp their peckers shut.

Get agg, hold agg, run back to corpse. Carry on.
    TY!!!!! I needed a good laugh this morning to help me wake up.

+ Reply to Thread