+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Rick to Roll Them All (BFF Report!)

One Rick to Roll Them All (BFF Report!)

I'm dropping this early so that it gets the exposure it deserves before I drop the FFXIV bomb next week (when the stupid NDA is up)

LORD (dun dun dun dun) OF THE (dununununWAH!) RINGS (*chinese gong*)

Click here for more episodes of the BFF Report!
    Follow Zam and me on Twitter!

Absolutely waiting for you to rip FF14 a new one. It definitely isn't for everyone and I expect a lot of people to give it absolutely disastrous reviews, save the graphics.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Did you really get rick rolled in the game?

Maybe if LOTRO had done this earlier I would have tried it. But, it's just a little too late and there are too many other things more interesting to waste my time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    That would be hilarious!

Fony, I hear you get a lot of hate for your chinhawk, and I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of rainbow chinhawk somewhere. Haters gonna hate. Keep goin strong with it!

I also can't believe that you actually called an MMO a solid MMO. That's incredible. That alone may actually get me to try it out, but it will definitely take some time to get over the store thing.

Can't wait for the FFXIV video... it's just going to be straight up entertaining.
    "Kyle, this is the way the world works. If you want to find quality friends, you have to wade through all the dicks first." -Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Someone didn't watch to the end =p

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Someone didn't watch to the end =p
    Actually, I did. Hence my question. I'm curious if he overlayed the rick roll music, or if he actually got rick rolled in the game.

that is actual ingame audio from an actual ingame 'band'

hilarious

That's quite suitably awesome then. :P

I played LOTRO for awhile and have to say it was actually pretty good. The biggest issue I had with it was that hardly anyone plays it so it's hard to get groups. As far as gameplay goes the only thing I didn't like was the grinding required for some of the achievements (or whatever they're called). But overall I think it had better gameplay than WoW. The instances were actually challenging. I liked the idea of being able to outfit your character however you want, with special outfits from holidays and such, while still keeping your main set of gear. This way everyone looked a bit unique instead of everyone running around in the exact same brown tier set. The music system was fun and interesting as well.

As BFF said there isn't much bad to say about it. It's just a shame so few people play it.

I played it when it first came out. I liked it. I know when it came out there became a "LOTRO vs WOW" but that was a shame. WoW wins due to its Vast world were it can expaned alot... and LOTRO has to stay in the unchanging story as much as it can. (Honestly, my props to the Dev's of LOTRO) I only dislike this fact because WoW doesn't really have to make itself better. it just has to put somthing out that's new. New Dungeon with the same ol same ol. WoW's Untouchable. ...But I still love wow. LOTRO almost did it, but no one could give it a chance. LOTRO being Free To Play shows me that the gamer world killed it. If Only WoW could take some other neat things from it like they did "Achievments". (I'd Love Guild Halls you can Hang Thorpies in. Rather than the Ach, wouldn't it be awesome if people walked into your guild hall to acually see "The Horns of Illadin" Mounted or "The Shards of Frostmoune" on a Picture plauge hangin in your Guild hall vs other Guild halls? ) Game Life and Game Honor would be great!!!

yeah, i've been playing it, and i must say, the turbine points are a lot better implemented than in ddo. ddo was kinda bad if you were solo, and quite painful to try to get points, lotro free is very well done. i'm only level 15 and i have almost enough points to buy riding skill.

+ Reply to Thread