+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms in Cataclysm so far

Arms in Cataclysm so far

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...860&sid=2000#8

Post I made on official forums. Read up. Any thoughts?

I would have to agree with most of your points. Arms is bordering on crazy in regards to rotation especially if you are expected to cover demo, TC, or Sunder.

Honestly I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around Heroic Strike, Execute and Slam.

Slam seems forced on every spec and is basically worthless in adding interesting variety. "Oh joy, a crap attack with a cast bar for no bonus effect."

Execute has been gutted to be something that's not an execute and Heroic strike is just Execute for the whole fight. Why not have execute be the rage dump for Arms and Fury and leave Heroic Strike to Prot? Add in a bit of bonus damage after 20% to execute and you just added some variety and fun back into the class with minimal work.

Oh ya, and just trash Slam all together.

Eh, sorry for the rant. I guess Iwas excite for some real toss ups in the way warriors played. Abilities like Chakra look awesome for how they effect your decision making. For all their talk about Warriors needing some of the most updating it seems like they just added a proc to watch for each spec and usually only to hit another button that just does "dps."
    Last edited by Arikak; 09-13-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

I agree with most of your assessment.

Arms is much more involved to play and play well. It requires a TON more attention than Fury. The problem for me is that for all that extra work, you're rewarded with... less DPS.

If they are going to keep the difficulty level up on Arms, then for at least single target DPS (i.e. Bosses) Arms needs to be substantially better DPS than Fury. If they want to keep Fury as the better AoE class, I'm ok with that.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Sounds a lot like they put arms in the same boat enhancement currently is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikak View Post
    I would have to agree with most of your points. Arms is bordering on crazy in regards to rotation especially if you are expected to cover demo, TC, or Sunder.
    Since all tanks can supply Demo and Thunderclap style effects in Cata, how often would you say that's actually going to be an issue? I'm not in beta so am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenier View Post
    Since all tanks can supply Demo and Thunderclap style effects in Cata, how often would you say that's actually going to be an issue? I'm not in beta so am curious.
    Apologies, was unaware that ALL the tanks had been given the debuffs.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

Arms always felt like a pvp spec to me. The only times I ever found it useful in raids (assuming the buff was not needed) was on Saurfang. Since the arms rotation is primarily all single target I never had to worry about hitting the adds. As fury I would come very close to my arms spec in that fight only. I would say this is also useful on princes because I would not hit the shadow spheres, but because of all of the movement in that fight fury is better.

WW won't hit orbs anyway and you shouldn't be Cleaving at that boss (I am not even sure that can hit orbs).

Arms looks like a lot more fun to play in 5 mans exactly because it is the PvP spec. You get more toys.

expect fury/arms dps to go up, and prot dps to go down when that design phase goes through.

i got that from that thread that was posted.is that serious? fury dps is already pretty retarded in ICC right now(now that i think about it,there is a 30% damage buff.i dont know if there gonna be doing that with 10-25 man cataclysm dungeons),although if there adding in the cataclysm 10-25 mans i dont think anyones gonna do ICC anymore.i know i wont im already tired of the place
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 09-17-2010 at 10:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread