+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally questions

Prot Pally questions

Having a bit of an argument with another protadin in guild..

1. Glyph for taunt or hammer of the righteous? I saw no point in HoTR he, however, see's no point in taunting

2. Will a crusade build or seals of the pure give more tps? (also, what is THE threat build? 53/18?)

3. Is 2/2 imp. judgements really going to completely screw up the 96969 rotation? Apparently 1/2 is the way to go, but whenever I ask about builds, the 53/12 spec has 2/2.

Glyph of taunt if you raid, glyph of hammer otherwise.
    Crusade will give you more tps.
    The extra point in improved judgements is mostly a filler point to reach the next tier of talents, you could shift it to another talent. I personally like having my judgements a little more often for some fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Okay awesome. So at point can you stop glyphing for taunt? (What hit rating is needed to not miss?)

And is there anywhere I can see the math in crusade vs. Seals of the pure?

Prot Pally questions

Taunts work off of spell hit so it requires 17% so you should never stop glyphing for it on taunt sensitive fights. If you have 17% hit as a prot pally without the glyph, you are doing something wrong.

That being said, my warrior can raid tank with 90 hit and the taunt glyph. For taunt sensitive fights, a taunt will occassionally miss but mocking blow followed by a new taunt only if necessary gets the job done.

My main is my prot pally who is over 100 hit but just as a natural consequence of the best EH gear he can get. Threat and even taunts (also glyphed like my warrior) are never an issue.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Being a pally we have two taunts anyhow I never bother with the taunt glyph as per sif never been an issue.

The definitive work on pally threat by theck can be found here
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

+ Reply to Thread