+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight Gemming advice.

Death Knight Gemming advice.

Alright here is the story... I just dinged 80 yesterday, I tanked all through Wotlk with no issues and really enjoyed the challenge the rune system brought to me..well its challenging to me...maybe not you. :P Anyways, now I am 80 and have crafted the 264 boots/pants 245 chest/bracers. I was wondering how you go about gemming?

My warrior it was pretty much all +30 Stam, is that the way to go on a dk? Do you still go for +9/12 stam gem bonus? If so what do you put into the red/yellow slots. I searched the boards and really found nothing on gemming. Found a nice guide though.

Gem for Defense if you aren't @ 540, after that 30 Sta, 30 sta, 30 sta, socket bonus's should only be considered for your meta.

Hit and expertise will come easily with gear, Don't forget to get the pvp shoulder enchant and +18 sta to gloves as well.
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

When you're not trying to eke out every bit of health you can, I used to go for exp/sta, hit/sta for green or red sockets if they were +9, which if your stats are absurdly low starting out may be a decent choice, but realistically DK threat is very easy regardless of those stats, you should be able to get at least into the teens Expertise and 200ish hit regardless (If not it may be worth gemming hybrids for bonuses of those colors), single purple for meta rest sta otherwise.

Alright, +stam it is. Thanks guys!

+ Reply to Thread