+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protadin red gem

Protadin red gem

What red gem should i be using for my tank pala?
    My (character dodge% - 10 ) / (character parry% - 10) = 1,75

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...varr&cn=Sigurt

10 agi 15 stamina, only if the bonus requires one non-blue gem with a 9 or higher socket bonus
    or you could 30 stam it and ignore the socket bonus.

There are a few options you have really, Theres no one hundred percent right answer to this but more so what you feel is more important, to get the most round, balanced results you will want an agi/stamina gem though, agility gives crit rate (threat) armor (mitigation) and dodge (avoidance) all at once, other than that, you can choose strength or dodge. Str isnt a good choice really though, due to the fact that it doesnt help your tanking, it will increase your tps by a minimal (unnoticeable) amount and thats all. the dodge will give abit extra avoidance than the agi gem, but at the same time wont give armor or crit, so from a "best" standpoint, you should choose agi/stam

Thanks for the answears, i thought so to just needed some confimation and Davih it's mainly to get the meta gem stats

The real answer is it doesnt really matter you will have straight stam almost everywhere as there are scant few +9 or +12 single socket bonuses around. Generally you will have 1 red required to activated the meta which will be whatever you feel you need the reality is its less than 1% of anything so don't get hung up over. Early on in gearing it may well be exp/stam because you usually struggle to get to the expertise soft cap.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

To activate the armor meta, you need one red gem, ie a purple one. You want to place it where you get a socket bonus that's good enough (+9 or more stam is the usual yardstick)

The agi/sta gem usually outperforms everything for a paladin as paladins have one of the lowest percentage conversion ratio for agility for any class.

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread