+ Reply to Thread

Thread: im a bucket of fail

im a bucket of fail

I need "HALP!", haha. I am currently a combat rogue with scattered 264 pieces in with 232 weps and some 245 gear and am wondering if I need to switch to mutilate. I have been told from a friend that it may be better at my gearscore (54xx) and that being the reason i do sub par dps (6500-7kish).
    I am stacking ArPen gems right now with for some reason Crit Rating????
    You see sometimes the smoke gets over me.....
    Anyway i've used some spreadsheets and they are saying "agility agility agility!" but I don't know why. With slower weapons I always thought that Attack Power would be better. Also with stacking ArPen at this point should I be looking for hit cap so on so forth?
    heres muh armory =)
    http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&cn=Zennik

really appreciate it. ive read up on elitist jerks but am still confused at the agility=ap nonsense i like to just face roll sometimes sheesh HAHA

6500-7000 with or without the ICC buff? Outside of ICC, in a well buffed 25 man raid, you should be doing just under 8K (according to iDPS). Mutilate and Combat are both capable of similar DPS output, and your gear right now favors Combat because of all your ArP.

Re-speccing to 20/51/0 gets you another 350DPS, but that still won't help if you're playing incorrectly. For one thing, you're over the ArP softcap. You want to aim for 1400-678 = 722Arp (hardcap - NES proc) from your gear and gemming. Any more than that is wasted itemization and gemming. Also, NEVER gem pure crit. If it's a yellow socket that's worth the bonus (4agi or more), go for agi/crit or agi/haste.

If all you want to do is faceroll, go play an arcane mage. If you want to do well at a rogue, go practice your rotation on a training dummy. Keep SnD up, use cooldowns when they're up, and 5pt Eviscerate as much as you can. Instant on MH, deadly on OH.

If you think that AP is 'better' than Agi, have a look through your character sheet and think about what Agi gives you and the fact that you get plenty of multiplicative stat buffs from raids (Kings + Trueshot = a lot better for Agi gemming than AP gemming). Then use Aldrianna's spreadsheet (remembering that ArP is king) to figure out what gear is actually an upgrade for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxian View Post
    6500-7000 with or without the ICC buff? Outside of ICC, in a well buffed 25 man raid, you should be doing just under 8K (according to iDPS). Mutilate and Combat are both capable of similar DPS output, and your gear right now favors Combat because of all your ArP.

Re-speccing to 20/51/0 gets you another 350DPS, but that still won't help if you're playing incorrectly. For one thing, you're over the ArP softcap. You want to aim for 1400-678 = 722Arp (hardcap - NES proc) from your gear and gemming. Any more than that is wasted itemization and gemming. Also, NEVER gem pure crit. If it's a yellow socket that's worth the bonus (4agi or more), go for agi/crit or agi/haste.

If all you want to do is faceroll, go play an arcane mage. If you want to do well at a rogue, go practice your rotation on a training dummy. Keep SnD up, use cooldowns when they're up, and 5pt Eviscerate as much as you can. Instant on MH, deadly on OH.

If you think that AP is 'better' than Agi, have a look through your character sheet and think about what Agi gives you and the fact that you get plenty of multiplicative stat buffs from raids (Kings + Trueshot = a lot better for Agi gemming than AP gemming). Then use Aldrianna's spreadsheet (remembering that ArP is king) to figure out what gear is actually an upgrade for you.
    Really appreciate the tips. I got a lot of research ahead of me I find that I am always out of energy and can rarely get a 5pt Eviscerate at times without SnD going out. Thats why I currently have 5 points in Relentless Strikes.

Also in my last 10 man i was averaging 6800 sometimes fluxuating 200 more or less so I know I really need ot work on my rotations and keep a set rotation

Ack! What did you do? You shouldn't have replaced all your ArP gems by Agility. You're supposed to aim for the Softcap, which is 722 ArP for you (since you're using NES). In your original post, you were about 80 ArP over, so you only should have switched out 4 gems.

Do you want to do 'ok', or do you want to top the meters? Rogues can do very well for their gear, but you have to set things up and execute them properly. Part of this comes with understanding what is good and what isn't, and the other is practice.

Rogue Pocket Guide 3.3
    Rogue FAQ 3.3

+ Reply to Thread