+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dk tank Armour VS HP VS Threat

Dk tank Armour VS HP VS Threat

Basiclly right now I'm torn between two options for my glove slot

http://www.wowhead.com/item=51132
    or
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51835

I'm hit and expertise capped with out either of them, I plan on getting Guantlets of the kracken next week, but What would you suggest using untill then? I'm leaning towards the latter because I'm still at 32657 armor unbuffed and expertise has a higher value once past soft cap right?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r=Thrall&n=oit
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

Bounus armor rocks IMHO there is no real choice - tier gloves or Kraken You have Icy Touch, threat is not an issue for DK's these days. I was up to 30k tps and 24k sustained spamming IT,on Surfang the other day - drove my pally tank partner crazy.

Personally I have the 4 piece tier (but the legs are 251); I have the Gloves of the Kraken and I have a set where I use the 2 piece bonus. (gloves/helm) I acutally like the extra cooldown on the tier; it's fun to play with. However, for bosses I tend to use the Gauntlets of the Kraken and for trash I use the tier gloves/helm for the extra DnD damage. Frankly, I think the tier gloves with bonus armor are fine; you don't really need to waste the emblems on the Kraken; you have to decide if the extra couple hundred HP is worth the emblems.

I have 4 Piece(only the chest is still 251) i was planning on waiting until I get another mark and a heroic Blade of Culling to wear it full time, I think right now the raw stats on the pieces i have now are better then the CD, However I do agree it's a nice cooldown and im thinking it may be worth reverting too for fights like hm fester

Ultimately 4 piece is where it's at, as you gear up unfortunately which four are worth dropping changes around rapidly, so it's hard to give great advice. I would definitely not buy Kraken as the tier is very comparable making Kraken kind of a waste of badges. I realize you're hit capped due to the boots, ring, and weapon but ugh, you're gonna replace all of those crappy pieces eventually I would assume. You can even upgrade the ring to twin valks from togc 10 which is outstanding.

4pc 277 is where it's at. Anything less than 4pc 277 is a downgrade in EH. Better served with Cataclysmic chest, Kraken gloves, crafted pants, t10.5 or 10.9 shoulders or 277 shoulders off lootship, and ram skull helm (264 or 277) if 4pc heroic isn't available.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Yea I'm looking at the crafted pants thinking strongly about it, I've got no luck on the Loot ship Shoulders, Literally never seen them drop while on my DK. I know it may be antiquated by now but i really hate being under Expertise cap, and i cant think of a way of getting the crafted pants with out switching back to Blade of culling, But perhaps the EH upgrade is enough to make up for it

You don't need 'threat' stats. The way to have more threat is to play correctly, dk threat is absurd atm compared to other tanks. I don't say that to be mean, but in this case L2P is truly the correct way to improve your threat if it's an issue (Not saying it is for you specifically, just in general).
    4 piece is useful, if I had to pick one 'set' of gear, even at the 264 level it would be 4 piece with helm offset. The pants are amazing and I loved them forever but ultimately for 4 piece you HAVE to use the ram skull helm to have the hit necessary for taunts, which means tier pants have to be worn.

I've never had threat problems, It's actually commented on regularly that my tps is steady so high. Right now i have 4 piece w/ helm offset, I ran an Icc25 today and I basically just switched into the 4p for Saurfang And Fester(was a pug didn't get past plague). I've been, Constantly, Told that i place too high of a value on Hit/expertise but I cant help and think that my great threat is because i am capped at all times. Here's to hoping the 277 Lootship shoulders drop for me monday!

+ Reply to Thread