+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minimap & Buff/Debuff addons

Minimap & Buff/Debuff addons

Hello,

While working on my new UI I got two problems. The first one is my buff/debuff addon. I'm currently using SatrinaBuffFrames but I noticed I never used the extra options it has. All I needed was being able to move it anywhere on my screen and change the direction the buff/debuffs grows to. If there's a more lightweight buff/debuff addon that does the same as my previous sentence, I'd love to know.

My second problem is a mayor one. I'm looking for a minimap addon. I used SexyMap, but everytime I log in, it keeps resetting the button positions. It's way too bugged atm. I've tried ChinchillaMap but it doesn't give me what I want, I'm trying a combination of PocketPlot and TidyMinimap now, but it still is not what I want. PocketPlot does not have an option to hide the clock, and neither one of the two addons shows my Map Button. What I need, is a minimap that can be square, and it must be possible to move the buttons anywhere and hide or never show any button I want.

I'd love to hear suggestions.

Use the 'button lock' option on Sexymap.

I'm not sure about the buff/debuff... I use SBF and have no complaints.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

SBF doesn't seem to be a high-resource addon.

Maybe in the future you'll find a use for those unused features?

An buff/debuff monitor isn't generally a very heavy duty addon unless taken to extremes (like trying to monitor all buffs on everyone in the raid simultaneously). There are alternatives that may be slightly better but if you're having performance issues it is likely unrelated to that particular addon.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I do use the button lock on SexyMap but it still resets most of the button settings everytime I login. So I'm still looking for an alternative.

About SBF, I actually did found an extra use so I'll keep it. Just the minimap problem described in my first post left.

+ Reply to Thread