+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halls of Origination

Halls of Origination

Nice guide. One thing I would like to point out is that, at least when I ran the instance last night at least, the drain life is in fact able to be interrupted. I think your group composition just wasn't too great for it, as I believe the mage is the only one that could interrupt it on a long cooldown.

Great job explaining everything, trash and bosses. The group I was with completely skipped the Brann Bronzebeard boss area, and this video definitely is wanting me to run it again!
    "Kyle, this is the way the world works. If you want to find quality friends, you have to wade through all the dicks first." -Cartman

Neat little instance, good to see CC is making a comeback! im sure mages celebrate everywhere.

Hmm apparently the option to edit my post doesn't exist in this thread, so I apologize for this double post.

I would also like to add something about the meteors on the last boss. They will target a specific player and fly at them. From what I could tell when I ran it, the player that is targeted by the meteor has no way to escape the damage because the meteor moves so fast at them. I believe it would just be best to spread out when not in the AoE phase to avoid the entire group taking damage. So don't feel bad that you got hit by the meteor in that fight, Aliena. It was unavoidable for you both times.

Nice job catching yourself on, "...don't stand in sh-stuff" by the way!
    "Kyle, this is the way the world works. If you want to find quality friends, you have to wade through all the dicks first." -Cartman

Ciderhelm

is there a transcript for the explanation of the instance?

Many Thanks

I saw the hunter use lightwell! *faints*
    Vuhdo 101: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBoImKCY1Fs Vuhdo 102: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEbM0XG7XsU http://www.twitter.com/soragrey

Looks like this instance could have easily been a 10 man raid. IDK, I wasn't expecting quite so much content for one of the lesser anticipated 5 mans.

How long does the instance take to run in it's entirety then?

Looks really great. Really excited to run this new stuff. I am glad to see they are using some cool mechanics too, and the re-hashing seems quite minimal overall, although mechanics themselves will always be slightly re-hashed I supposed

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco View Post
    How long does the instance take to run in it's entirety then?
    Looking at the timestamp in the clock at the minimap I'd say this run (which was low on DPS) lasted around 1.5 hour

Druids and starfall, normally followed on Vent by the immortal phrase "But I only pushed one button"

Seems like Heal is indeed the new bread&butter heal. I'm still a bit disenfranchised with Holy since WotLK and have all my hopes on Chakra and the related talents. Yet I don't know the buff icons. I take it the Chakra icon is the same as in the talent trees but there was another thing that seemed to stack up to at least 6 that I don't know. What was that? Is that Revelations or State of Mind? Does that even stack?

Mana management doesn't look too painful. Did you have to drink a lot between pulls?

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

What are the five circles that float up when you cast?

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    here was another thing that seemed to stack up to at least 6 that I don't know. What was that?
    That's the stacking MP5 buff from Solace of the Fallen.

Thinks it's a new built in proc warning system.

This looks really nice, way too hard for randoms and most of the player base I think though so we should see it tuned down vastly for LIVE.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

I liked how the mage kited the tornado into you and you returned the favor.

Chakra

Quote Originally Posted by Shmorrior View Post
    I liked how the mage kited the tornado into you and you returned the favor.
    Shoulda heard vent on that LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    Shoulda heard vent on that LOL
    I hope the vent wasn't as bad as when I DI'd one of the other tanks in phase 3 heroic putricide for funsies! I felt I had to use the spell more before it got removed...

By the way, lightwell is awesome, no matter what anyone says. I make it a point to click it whenever i take damage while in the new instances!

+ Reply to Thread