+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resto Healing~ Heal Rotation--

Resto Healing~ Heal Rotation--

I already know the normal, Rejuv a bunch of people, hot the tanks, wild growth everytime it is up. My question is might there be another better healing method for 25m that differs from 10m.

Well it depends what kind of heals you are..are you raid heals or tank heals with raid support?

Your "heal rotation" depends on your assignment. When I am tank healing I keep my rejuv and regrowth up as much as possible with slow stacking LB and letting it bloom right when a spike of damage is coming (if I manage to plan it correctly) with my WG macro assigned to a person that's good at standing within a group of people so it is never wasted. Other than that I nourish often and SW while on the move or as an "oh shit".

Honestly, I like regrowth. So I use that a lot when raid healing as well, at least for certain fights (like 25 H Sindra). For that fight I'm in charge of healing melee along with a shammy healing them too. I regrowth all 10, rejuv all 10, and keep LB on our enhance shaman, frost dk, and rogues. And WG as normal. With nourish as needed. Swiftmend again is used on the move or as an "oh shit".

In short, your "healing rotation" should change as your assignment/fight changes.

I usually am always 100% of the time raid healing I usually never am let to tank heal but I always seem to just be a little off from other resto druids. Some I beat some I dont, when I am beaten it still makes no sense how they are out healing me so I was curious onto if there was some 'hidden' method I was missing.

Dependent on how far apart both of your are it may just be down to timing on the ticks of your hots that is if you are going by healing done and not total healing ( healing done + overhealing ).

Like say both of you roll hots on a character but his are ticking a split second sooner then yours, when damage is done his ticks first so he gains the healing done and you just get overhealing which will not show up on healing done.

If you have logs check over them to see healing done, overhealing done and total healing to see exactly where he may be gaining an advantage.

1: if his healing done is higher then it just means he is either healing faster or his ticks are procing before yours, the only thing you can do to change this is to try predict incoming damage better and cast more non hot heals then he does.

2: if he is overhealing more then it just means he is spamming as much as possible, in the case for druids they should always have a lot of over heal. If your overhealing is not as high as his but your gear is on par then you are not spamming enough.

3: total healing or healing done + over healing done, this is the meter you should be looking at for a druid since overhealing is something a druid will always do and it is almost always 50-50 healing done/overhealing when there is only one druid so it should be included into their healing amounts if you wish to compare them fairly.

If two druids are almost equal on total healing chances are one will have more healing done and less overhealing while the other will have less healing done and more overhealing.

If you are close on total healing then there is nothing wrong but if he is a good bit ahead of you then it will mainly come down to overhealing since as I said it's usually around 50% of your healing done when no other druids are present so if he is ahead of you on both healing done and overhealing then you where not compensating enough with over heal to keep up.

So read into the logs further to see where he is getting ahead of you and most logs will allow you to see spells cast I think recount has it but I am not sure Skada does have it and most log sites like world of logs will show you spells cast by doing this you will be able to see if his spell rotation is more affective then your own.

Side note in the above statement in regards to compensating with over heal is not exactly something you should be doing as healing should never be about topping the meters but with that said everyone wants to preform their best and the easiest way to do so is to beat the competition on the meters.
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 09-08-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Also remember to keep track of your own health as well. When I am doing ICC 10 I am usually raid heals but even if you are raid healing done be afraid to keep some HoT's on the tanks as well. I usually keep a rejuv on the tanks at all times because its an instant cast but sometimes when the tanks are taking a little bit more damage i throw on a regrowth because it has a heal and a HoT and has a longer tick duration than regrowth. But make sure if you are using Wild Growth that you have the Glyph of Wild Growth which allows your spell to effect another member of your raid group. Also make sure that you have your Mana regain spells on standby, I suggest making a macro for all your trinkets that restore mana like Silver of Pure Ice. Another thing to take into consideration is when you cast the spells. Make sure you don't refresh your HoT's too soon or you will overheal therefore lowering your HPS.

+ Reply to Thread