+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Paladin Gear check

Holy Paladin Gear check

Gday Team,

After levelling my paladin and gearing all I can triumph wise im now into the nitty gritty of ICC 10/25. Below are my current intensions on what gear im looking out for.

What im asking is if im heading in the right direction for a holy light paladin spec? Ive checked a few builds and personally I prefer the Holy/Ret build with CRIT galore and I have no issues healing anything we’ve attempted. (still 6/12 icc 25 reg but getting there with DPS lacking a little)

Is there anything I can improve straight away in regards to Gear and Enchants? (I Know get speed to boots which im doing tonight so don’t tempt me there please)

As of now I have 61 of the 310 frost badges I want to obtain all the gear below and currently saving to replace my helm with the Teir-10 Helm as that’s where I can obtain the largest boost followed by the shoulders, chest and gloves.

Head - Lightsworn Headpiece - T-10 (61/95) Frosties (ilvl 251)
    Shoulders - Lightsworn Spaulders - T-10 (60) Frosties (ilvl 251)
    Chest - Chestplate of Unspoken Truths - Frost Badge Vendor (95) Frosties (ilvl 264)
    Bracers - Coldwraith Bracers - Lord Marrowgar - 10m Reg ICC – Mail (ilvl 251)
    - Bracers of Pale Illumination - Gunship - 10m Reg ICC - Plate - (ilvl 251/264 roic) Easily roicable with kingslayer
    Hands - Fallen Lord's Handguards - Lady Deathwisper - 25m Reg ICC (ilvl 264)
    - Gauntlets of overexposure - Frost Badge Vendor (60) Frosties (ilvl 264)
    Off Hand - Bulwark of Smouldering Steel - Lord Marrowgar - 25m Reg ICC (ilvl 264)
    Main Hand - Lockjaw - Rotface - 10m Reg ICC (ilvl 251)

With all this in mind im a JC/Chanter with rings done and Dragons Eyes sorted for int.

By this time I should thankyou for having a look and fingers crossed I can do my part in the team even better with any constructive critism taken on board.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eas&cn=Masholy

Stholy
    Those that live in a glasshouse should not throw stones.

Haste is what you aim for when looking at itemization, and MP5 is actually a fair bit better than Crit for mana regen. So Haste/MP5 is ideal, Haste/Crit is almost as good, and Crit/MP5 is bad.

To that end, don't waste the badges on the Crit/MP5 chestpiece. There's a nice cloth one from badges if you so choose, or just wait for the Rotface 25 one to drop.

The crit spec is OK for starting out, but once you get into raiding you really really want the utility of Divine Sacrifice. Also, the Flash of Light glyph is pretty much useless - get Beacon of Light, which saves you a bit of mana and a global every so often.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sxAzgMbsVu0tgdxGzub:Idw is the spec I use. (the two points in Blessed Hands can go just about anywhere, I just find that to be the most useful option for me)

Everything else looks good to me. If you get the opportunity, try to get a hold of Solace of the Defeated or Meteorite Crystal (25 Jaraxxus and 10 Algalon respectively), preferably both.

Sweet ill give that spec a go and see what i can do. A question about the holy/prot build how would i go about utilising the divine thingo? Im thinking the festergut 3 inhales would be a good situation to use it right? As i didnt go this build originally cause this pivotal rotation seemed somewhat confusing at the start.

How would i go about using it to the best of its power? Rotation wise? Could you point out a couple instances where it would best be used? Rotface towards the end, Dreamwalker towards the end all those times i think would be its best use or is it a on cooldown every cooldown?

Divine Sac, what you want to do is make a macro "/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice" which cancels the damage redirection but leaves the 20% raidwall intact.

So anytime there is a lot of raid damage going around, pop Divine Sac and your cancelaura macro for the raidwall without putting yourself in danger.

You're correct about Festergut explosion being a good place, also Blood Queen air phase, Marrowgar Bone Storm, Sindragosa phase 3, Lich King for an Infest, etc. Pretty much any time there's a large amount of damage that needs to be mitigated - typically it's used to combat raid damage, although you could certainly use it as a 20% tank cooldown if necessary.

Change glyph of flash of light to beacon of light. Take the 1 point out of blessed life and put into imp loh. 30int to weapon is also good. DMC:G is superior to tears of the vanquished, and returns a significant amount of mana if timed with divine plea. Of course solace of the fallen is superior again so keep running toc25s for that beauty. Not sure why your after the gloves off ldw the ones you have are much better. Always aim haste/mp5. Bracers from rotface 25 or the bop plate bracers are both better then those you have listed. Tuskarrs on boots.
    Just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Gortia View Post
    DMC:G is superior to tears of the vanquished, and returns a significant amount of mana if timed with divine plea.
    Hmm, I remember reading the opposite but I might be mistaken.

Either way, Tears = easy to obtain, DMC:G = 3k gold. I'd stick with Tears even if DMC:G is a bit better. If you have a ton of gold, try to get your way into a GDKP ToC 25 for Solace!

I see what your saying and we'll see how the practise goes tonight as ill OS the holy/prot build go into ICC and see what i can manage that way if it aint working for me just yet i can switch and try again next time.

Gear wise i didnt mention trinkets just yet as what i have seem to be working really well for me. I understand the solice would be nice to obtain but i cant remember the last time i saw a TOC25 run being formed. (perhaps i should Take the lead again). But also players most on gilneas horde arent the most responsive of people.

Fingers crossed i can manage an upgrade or 2 whilst im on tonight and go from there.

Thanks for your advice

Stholy

I recently had a friend level up a level 80 paladin being his last healing class 80. He's a fantastic healer in everyway and an outstanding player. He said that paladin healing is easy, but utility is hard to judge. I play a holy paladin as a main and I believe that utility is all holy paladins are good for at a high level aside from smashing holy light. Knowing when to use aura mastery+shadow resist/frost resist/fire resist/DEVO EVEN, divine sacrifice, hand of sacrifice, divine illumination, divine plea, wings. We have more cd's than any other healing class. You have to get into a spec with divine sacrifice and aura mastery as soon as possible. The 5% crit is laughable considering the raid utility of those two spells on every single encounter.

As far as the gearing you're going for it seems pretty correct. I'll say what everyone else has, get the festergut 25 chestpiece and a solace.

+ Reply to Thread