+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for a Healer's Perspective on PUGs

At this point in the Expansion all pugs Will suffer from Six Degrees of separation. meaning that Chances are that someone in your raid will know if someone else is bad, the 30% buff comes down to being able to make up for the Undergeared player. Also while you have a valid point about pugs aren't bleeding edge progression groups, all my statements are based on leading pugs. I do it 2-3 times a week between 10/25 man. Ask for the evil 'gear score' to make sure they are geared enough for the content, then ask for the achievement for how far your planing on going, plague/blood/frost and count on the fact that fail is well known by now.I have no idea why it wont let me switch all that back to standard txt instead of bold.
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    A 30% buff to an unknown player is still an unknown level of skill.
    It doesn't matter. If you setup the group as I mentioned you'll be prepared for a good pug and a bad pug.

4) As a healer, when joining PUGs, is there anything you wish your raid leaders knew or where more aware of?

I'm just going to answer this one as the rest have been answered.

Disc priests do not show up well on things such as Recount. Main amount of their healing comes from bubbles which is an absorb, and recount wont show that for you. So if they're only doing 2-4k heals...don't kick them -_- That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypstix View Post
    4) As a healer, when joining PUGs, is there anything you wish your raid leaders knew or where more aware of?

I'm just going to answer this one as the rest have been answered.

Disc priests do not show up well on things such as Recount. Main amount of their healing comes from bubbles which is an absorb, and recount wont show that for you. So if they're only doing 2-4k heals...don't kick them -_- That's all.
    Completely OK I REPEAT OK for a Disc Priest heals to be VERY LOW, its even natural if the Tanks heals are higher than teh Disc Priests...Disc Priests are PREVENTIONALISTS they prevent damage. Consider Disc Priests as Healing support, they stop the damage for a moment so the other healers can top the person off, they basically buy VERY VALUEABLE time for healers.
    Earthgoddess: 80 Resto Druid: Windrunner
    www.eggsncrits.guildlaunch.com

I wouldn't go so far as to say that any non-healer (such as a blood dk tank) could have more healing than a disc priest. While their hps might be low because of the absorbs, any good disc priest should still have a respectable amount of healing, it will only be considered low in comparison to other healers.

All very useful info but i thought id also chime in and let you know, since the discussion is on disc priests, that one disc priest is plenty for a raid. While you could still progress with 2 the weakened sould debuff provides a huge penalty to the 2nd disc priest and if they arent coordinating good that spot is better spent on another raid healer.

+ Reply to Thread