+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resto Haste.. Whats the story?

Resto Haste.. Whats the story?

Ok so this is a question that has been floating around in my mind for a while.
    I have read a few different guides to the "haste cap" and spoken to a few people but cannot really get a solid consistent answer.

The guide on this forum says 340 something. whereas other guides i have read have stated around 600- 800 depending on talents and buffs and such.

I know that alot of this relies on raid buffs and totems, As a general rule i like not to rely on situational buffs to hit my caps.

obviously my goal is to get my GCD to 1 second.

i guess what i would like to know is

Assuming that i have taken all talents related to Haste and that affect GCD and arent relying on raid buffs What haste rating should i be aiming for.

also

can someone explain the math on haste rating - GCD so i can figure it out .

My druid is Phiish on nagrand. current haste is 823 which im guessing is overcap.

Is there any benefit to having extra haste after your GCD is at 1 second?

Thanks guys..

http://restorationdruid.com/2009/12/...to_druids_3-3/

I would continue to rely on totems and raid buffs though. The haste cap is really only necessary for 25's (or so I hear - NON DRUID HERE *ahem*), and you can almost guarantee at least one or two Shammies, and a Boomie or Ret Pally in any well-rounded 25 man.

thanks for the link..
    after all my google searching and forums browsing i had never come across that site..

which is weird considering its highly obvious url

i have a regular ten man team which has 2 shams so im fine on the raid buffs i just like to know what the blank canvas stats are or the math to find this out..

link looks usefull i will check it out cheer

5/5 GotE = ~26.10% = ~856 Haste Rating

This is the final number you have to aim for as a Horde restoration Druid. You'll probably need 13/58 spec when you get to PP25H and further as Revitalize starts to play a major role. You could bypass this and keep Celestial Focus provided you have good shammys andpriest replenishing the raid but you'll hit a wall when you get to Halion25h as the raid splits, so personally I got rid of CF as soon as I could. Besides you wont benefit as much gearing for crit instead of haste anyways for the whole Rapid Rejuv Thing.

The argument that I have heard is that you are not looking for a 1 second global cooldown, you are looking for a 0 second global cooldown, which allows you to just blaze across healbot/grid/vuhdoo blasting out hots without pause. And I do find, with a haste rating just around 500, that the limitation on my healing is often waiting for the GCD to reset so I can click another bar.

Now, that being said, I did an ICC10 the other day with a druid, a little undergeared (T9 set, GS around 5400 I think) who had stacked all haste--I mean haste in every slot, and had over 700. I was tanking, on a well geared (5900) paladin tank with a less geared DK tank. We wiped 3 times on festergut, every time because the druid ran out of mana. I went back and ran ICC10 the next day on my own resto druid, who is not stacked for haste, and is a bit better geared (5600-ish) and was never remotely close to running out of mana that same fight--which we one shotted. That druid was convinced that his priority was to get a GCD of zero, but it wasn't working for him because he was giving up too much.

You can't get a GCD of zero, that would be no GCD at all and you'd be able to spam heals as fast as you could hit your spells. The GCD for almost all classes/specs is 1.5 seconds, which can be reduced to 1.0 seconds with haste, but no furthur.

Anecdotal evidence based on what some pug druid the day before vs what you're druid did the next day with a different group, different gear/gems/chants, probably a different spec, and who knows what may have different in spell usage, is completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    You can't get a GCD of zero, that would be no GCD at all and you'd be able to spam heals as fast as you could hit your spells. The GCD for almost all classes/specs is 1.5 seconds, which can be reduced to 1.0 seconds with haste, but no furthur.
    That's strange because on my Disc priest my cast time on flash heal is around 0.75 with borrowed time and my GCD drops down to match that, I have a GCD timer addon to my cast bar and it normally finishes exactly when flash heal does but if I cast an instant or a spell that takes longer then 1 second then my GCD stays at 1 second.

The thing about haste though is most people only think about the GCD and once they have that capped they think they are all set but even after you are haste capped on GCD you can still lower your longer spells cast times down to something more usable, like my self my greater heal is a 2.5 second cast but with my haste it's down to around 1.9 ish and with borrowed time it drops again to a 1.5 second cast time making it a very powerful fast heal.
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 09-10-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    That's strange because on my Disc priest my cast time on flash heal is around 0.75 with borrowed time and my GCD drops down to match that, I have a GCD timer addon to my cast bar and it normally finishes exactly when flash heal does but if I cast an instant or a spell that takes longer then 1 second then my GCD stays at 1 second.

The thing about haste though is most people only think about the GCD and once they have that capped they think they are all set but even after you are haste capped on GCD you can still lower your longer spells cast times down to something more usable, like my self my greater heal is a 2.5 second cast but with my haste it's down to around 1.9 ish and with borrowed time it drops again to a 1.5 second cast time making it a very powerful fast heal.
    Welcome to the world of GCD clipping, a place where Balance Druids have lived for a long time now.

When a spell's cast time drops below the GCD minimum of 1 second, while the spell only takes it's cast time to cast, you have to wait the remaining duration of the GCD before you can begin your next cast. My personal record to date was a 0.464 second Wrath cast time back in Burning Crusade (good ole Quag's Eye).

When you cast a spell that has a 0.75 second cast time. You complete the spell after 0.75 seconds, however have to wait the remainder of your GCD before you can cast your next spell. Assuming your GCD was at the lower limit of 1 second, this means you have to wait 0.25 seconds before casting your next spell ("Spell Not Ready Yet" error). If your latency is 100ms, the actual time it would take for you to spam this spell is 1.1 seconds per cast.

If your GCD timer is off, you likely assigned it to the wrong ability.

All abilities that have a cast time are on the GCD, always. It's just when that cast time is longer than the GCD you don't notice.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Since your a resto druid akebar is correct you want to attain a GCD of 1sec, and thats based off your raid comp.

Now, that being said, I did an ICC10 the other day with a druid, a little undergeared (T9 set, GS around 5400 I think) who had stacked all haste--I mean haste in every slot, and had over 700. I was tanking, on a well geared (5900) paladin tank with a less geared DK tank. We wiped 3 times on festergut, every time because the druid ran out of mana
    Funny thing you're saying here. I am very much like the druid u described there - 4T9 set, 5400GS, haste freak (737) - and i have no mana problems. With raid buffs i have ~26k-27k mana, and on very few occasions i get the low mana warning, but when i do i use innervate
    Tbh i never downed festergut and maybe it's a very mana intense fight, but everytime we wiped at him it wasn't because i ran out of mana ...PuGs ftw

I am almost fully haste gemmed and also have Celestial focus. As i get higher level gear i plan to replace haste gems with spell power gems but trying to stay above 700 haste. In my opinion haste is one of the most important stats for a resto druid, along side with spell power.

You really shouldn't worry about it unless you are serverly under cap. What I do is with my stats I have a mind set of Spell Power>Haste>Spirit you will notice that most of your gear that have Gem slots usually have a red slot or yellow slot. Red slots should ALWAYS be filled in by a Runed ruby, now with yellow slots you have a few options depending on your stand point with your haste. What I usually do with my yellow gem slots is I add them up and divide tehm into two groups, one for the gem that grants you +12 Spell power +10 Spirit and the other yellow gem that grants you +12 Spell Power and +10 Haste. Say that I have 6 total yellow gem slots in all of my gear I use 3 gems of each group to gem my gear. With enchants you should have your cloak enchanted with Haste no mater what, with your boots you should have them enchanted with spirit, your chest should be +10 all stats. And everything else should be enchanted with the highest level spell power enchantment avaliable. With your head and shoulder enchantments you should use your Reputation rewards to enchant them appropriately. But you deffinetly don't want to stack any stat no matter what.
    Earthgoddess: 80 Resto Druid: Windrunner
    www.eggsncrits.guildlaunch.com

Now, that being said, I did an ICC10 the other day with a druid, a little undergeared (T9 set, GS around 5400 I think) who had stacked all haste--I mean haste in every slot, and had over 700. I was tanking, on a well geared (5900) paladin tank with a less geared DK tank. We wiped 3 times on festergut, every time because the druid ran out of mana
    His running OOM wasn't a function of his haste or gear level. Either he was doing something wrong or the other healers weren't pulling their weight and he was picking up too much slack.

Usually Restoration Druids should not be running OOM, what so ever. In my personal opinion Restoration druids are the best mana conservers in the healing spectrum of WoW. If a restoration druid is running OOM, then there is a serious problem with either the healers, the tanks, or the Druids himself. But there really shouldn't have been any reason why the druid should have been OOM, unless he was spamming Healing TOuch which I really hope he wasn't, or was completely ignoring his Mana regen spells, Innervate and Lifebloom, and wasn't using potions. And don't say because the Druid healer ran OOM was the reason behind your wipes on festergut. Now if you only had two healers, then yes teh Druid did play a role in your raids wipe, but if you had 3 healers like most ICC 10's then you should have had no problem with downing Festergut.
    Earthgoddess: 80 Resto Druid: Windrunner
    www.eggsncrits.guildlaunch.com

+ Reply to Thread