Thread: Festergut ICC 25- Immune to TAUNT????

Festergut ICC 25- Immune to TAUNT????

Ok, I know this sounds very stupid and lame, especially as this instance has been out since before December with a 30% buff, but please hear me out. For 3 weeks now I have tried to tank Festergut in ICC 25 first before an equally geared warrior as well as a death knight only to find at 9 stacks they are UNABLE to take threat off of me. (I immediately take off righteous fury and salv myself). They keep claiming that Festergut is IMMUNE to their taunts? Please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have killed this guy multiple times before with no problems, but as of the last three weeks something has changed. I've heard of a strategy where everyone stops all DPS after I hit 9 stacks to let the warrior get threat, but I am concerned using that with the enraged timer...suggestions?

Don't use Hand of Reckoning in your rotation.

There is no other way for him to go Taunt Immune unless one of your DPS is taunting and instantly getting themselves killed, but that should be noticeable.

From my experience, several things could be going on. Does Festergut change targets? If he does, then the other tanks are not doing what they need to do to maintain a threat lead (i.e. as a warrior tank I put Vigilance on the paladin tank when he is at eight stacks). If he isn't changing targets then one of two things are happening. First, do the other tanks know their keybinds for taunt? I know it sounds stupid, but people sometimes mistake a keybind for one "spell" for another because they look similar or whatever. Second, are you sure you don't have Hand of Reckoning bound to other abilities? Do you hit the keybind for Hand of Reckoning a lot (or at all) during the encounter after you have initial threat? The only way Festergut could become "Immune" is from a diminishing return on taunts.

That would be it completely, I thought he just becomes taunt immune to me after 5 hand of reckonings, not overall...I'll have to work on not using hand for my threat control...I never thought of that. Thanks a ton!

Hand of Reckoning does a little damage, but it does nothing much for your threat unless someone has already pulled Festergut off you. Do a quick google for 'paladin tank rotation' and you'll soon find a better way to keep aggro.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Hand of Reckoning doesn't even do damage when you are tanking the mob. Use it for pulling mobs and when you need to taunt something, not for anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrusader View Post
    That would be it completely, I thought he just becomes taunt immune to me after 5 hand of reckonings, not overall...I'll have to work on not using hand for my threat control...I never thought of that. Thanks a ton!

Taunt redirects focus and gives you a temporary threat bonus (10% for about 8 seconds) over the previous focus as long as you were not the focus. No taunt does anything now once you have threat "locked". Hand (as mentioned above) only does damage when you are not the current focus target for the mob. Taunting constantly as part of a rotation only makes the mob taunt immune. You aren't helping anyone (including yourself keep aggro) by doing this. Clean rotations, low latency, etc. all help you keep aggro once you have a threat lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arman View Post
    Taunting constantly as part of a rotation only makes the mob taunt immune. You aren't helping anyone (including yourself keep aggro) by doing this.
    All tanks need to know this. Smack this quote into your tanking team if they are unaware.