+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LK10 Heroic - Trinket Combo

LK10 Heroic - Trinket Combo

Hey there, I'm about to help out a guildgroup do Bane of the Fallen King on my alt blood knight.

I'm very familiar with the encounter since I have five kills under my belt (including the hundreds of wipes during progression), both as a shadowpriest and a retpaladin, so I'm fairly confident with both the cooldowns and movement.

However I'm new to tanking it, so I was what exactly I could do to maximize my chances of survival, particularly what trinket combos to use.

Here's what I have availible

264 Corroded Skeleton Key
    This is the one I usually always run with for icc25 heroic modes. The absorb is decent for cd-rotations on soulreaper if combined with something else. Fairly certain I should use this in one slot.

264 Unidentifiable Organ
    I just picked this up last night, so I haven't had a chance to test it properly yet. I can imagine it can be extremely good on fights where you could stack it up, but I don't believe lich king hits particularly fast to make it worthwhile. I will be add-tanking in P1 so theres a good opportunity for it to stack, so maybe its great for not dying to angry shamblers? idk. The armor is sweet, I love armor.

271 Petrified Twilight Scale
    This is the other trinket I run with regularly for icc25hc. I'm a total sucker for armor and this one provides it! I don't really know how useful the proc is, I mean if I get taken below 35%, relying on an odd 10% chance to avoid the next swing doesn't seem fantastic. I guess somewhat OK in combination with Will of the necropolis?

277 Corpse Tongue Coin
    Oh yes, the trinket that always goes for minimum bid in your avg trade chat GDKP. Everyone seems to stay away from it, and it's always mocked as the redheaded stepchild of endgame tanking trinkets. I'm not really a fan of the dodge, but I could see the proc on it being extremely good for Lich King heroic. With a short 30 second cooldown, you are almost guaranteed for it to proc on every soul reaper. Sweet sweet armor boost also in combination with WotN, making you very sturdy at lower health, but is the lack of good passive stats worth it over the other trinkets?

Any suggestions? I'm a bit torn on what to wear, right now I'm thinking Key+UO maybe, but looking for input on experienced Lich King heroic killers (Light of Dawners and Baners only please! I don't really value the input of you armchair-tanks with 5/12 heroic experience)

Here's the link to the DK thats gonna be tanking
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Clockwork

Cheers

Out of those four? CSK and the twilight scale. You're tanking the adds in P1, does that mean you're not really tanking lich king at all? since there are many different ways people handle that. LK himself will not stack your organ up appreciably, he stops and casts too much, frostmourne rooms, etc. He's a boss where health is almost always better than the other options, similarly if you're offtanking the armor won't do you any good soaking viles since it's magic damage, but given that your only listen options include only one stam trinket, might as well go with the superior non-stam in the scale.

TBH though if you have either a satrina's/juggernauts available to you go with those instead until you can get a flawless fang.

Thanks for the input, I decided to go with Organ.

I was add tanking in phase 1, and the extra ~5k health from the constant 10stack was very nice.

During P2 and P3 I was tanking the lich king the entire time and yea I must admit the proc didnt prove very useful. It fell off constantly, however I did see it stack to 3-4-5 during soul reaper haste.

With that said, I should probably have gone with Petrified scale, but the organ was so useful in P1 that I decided to just keep it on.

Heres hoping I can get a better stam trinket, because yea that would have been infinitely better for this fight.

But in the end we made it just fine, hail 30% buff making it possible to do Bane on alts alts

You might be interested in this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...or-Soul-Reaper.

I actually use Key and good old regular Scarb (since a heroic one didn't drop QQ).
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

On H LK I have found the best combo to eat reapers as a CD to be The Key and Sindra's Fang (Reaper is a magical damage application). If you have Jugg's Vitality heroic I'd use that over the key!

I wouldn't use armor trinkets just because CD timing is so important on this fight, but that is a preference.

I'm fairly certain that the community concluded soul reapers magic portion can not be resisted, which is why I don't use the fang. I can't seem to find the thread tho.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Really? That is highly interesting. However the Stam on Fang for the overall HP Pool absorb is still more than worth it. Plus you need the Fang to soak spirits. I can't see an instance where you wouldn't use it.

Also, I would never have used the Fang to try to solo absorb a reaper anyways. The way I'd do it is:

First Reaper - Last Stand (Long CD, get it out of the way to use it again later, first Reaper timer is off)
    Second - Trinkets, Enraged Regen - Stationary, healers should be fine to heal with a lesser CD
    3rd - Moving, so use Shield Wall, healers moving = death because of defiles etc.
    4th - Bloodrage, Trinket, External CD

Use this rotation as needed, it's tight but works, I use the same on Halion Cutters on Heroic, because they are every 30 seconds like Reaper. 2 external CDs needed only.

The magic part of Soul Reaper can be resisted through AMS, so I'm sure it can be resisted through other means.

Good point, AMS definitely absorbs reapers, this is proven, although because it isn't a resist mechanic, it might, as Boda said, not work the same?

You can resist the initial application, and you can absorb the tick. I use Fang+Key for the hit, and AMS the tick as part of my regular rotation.

Boda, don't lie to me. *tear*

+ Reply to Thread