+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reworking Tank Cooldown Macros

Reworking Tank Cooldown Macros

Hey guys/gals,

Trying to rework some of my tanking cooldowns as my guild is currently doing all hardmodes in ICC (11/12 HM )

The ones that I use are actually Bodafasa's macros that I thought were really really useful for the LK fight. It was a nice setup but I think I need to remodify them for use on hardmodes. Currently Heroic Sindragosa is the biggest challenge for me to survive since she has parry gibbed me before. Add on the frost breath and blistering cold and I will die fast lol

So the first CD macro is:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shieldwall
    /use Corroded Skeleton key
    /use Royal Seal of King Llane
    /use Sindragosa's Flawless Fang

Second one:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Last Stand
    /cast Enraged Regeneration

Third one (t10 4Pc required):
    #showtooltip
    /cast Bloodrage
    /cast Shield Block

All of these macros are fine to use but I think I need to rework them for boss fights so I take way less damage. I guess I haven't been too smart about using them.

The first macro should I just use Shieldwall with the Key? I mean its pretty much a strong CD + weak absorb.

2nd Macro is only an HP boost and on Heroic Sindri she can still knock me down to 50% hp or less. Perhaps I should use a different trinket for this one?

3rd Macro not too sure on this one myself. The Sindragosa trinket could be used here as its a 1 min CD (just like bloodrage).

I use Last Stand in conjunction with bloodrage for maximum effectiveness of the 4pT10, and i use ER with Shield Block, to reduce damage taken to maximize ER's healing. For the rest, SWall solo, and Sindragosa trinket w/ skeleton key.

Hmm not bad choices there that would be like 4-5 Macros I could use for Cooldowns. I still kind of prefer ER+LS due to the healing it gives me back but the lack of an absorb kills that effect really fast.

I'll give your suggestions a try thanks.

Anyone else is welcome to provide their thoughts too!

+ Reply to Thread