+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior Need help getting proper stats gems and upgrades

Fury Warrior Need help getting proper stats gems and upgrades

Greetings friends, I require some help. I am geared in a few ICC peices I am having a few problems getting from alright dps to excellent dps. Heres my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Dreyfusxano

1. I know I need Hit, AP, Strength, Arp and about 25 expertise. I believe I need about 100 Hit so Ive been told I have way too much. As far as the other stats Im not sure what caps I should be shooting for and whether I should gem for them or gear into them?

2. My gems, have I gemmed properly and if not how should I do so?

3. Then lastly once I am going in the right direction, what upgrades should I shoot for? Also should I stick with fish feasts and endless rage pots for raids.

Any help to get me up the recount ladder would be much appreciated. /bow

You need 164 hit and 26 expertise and i would aim for arp softcap with the trinket from FoS and go for the arp hardcap once you get deathbringer's will. Any hit above 164 is basicly wasted since there is a heroic strike bug that will make your offhand hit if its que'd.

Now your warrior is kind of a mess 500+ hit is very bad. Lets get some easy upgrades first.
    - Second trinket you want the one from FoS hc or if that doesnt drop the arp trinket from toc5 normal
    - You dont need the hit so even the agi/arp ring from triumph emblems would be better
    - Crafted boots are a nice upgrade, but since you lack expertise the ones from gunship icc10 would be even better.
    - leather belt from frost emblems or expertise one from toc25
    - axe from saurfang10 to boost your expertise

After that you want to aim for 4piece T10 with the emblem gloves as offset piece.

my friend warrior use only +20 AP (only gem for meta)

here his armory
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...akkar&cn=Shalo

NES (FoS trinket discussed) is activated off crit, which as lead to many not valuing it very highly because the requirement of a crit reduces the uptime of the proc.

As for recount - learning the rotation and being disciplined about it is the best way to jump up the recount meter. I've seen equally geared Fury warriors produce vastly different outputs because one was more disciplined than the other in the rotation (see the Fury guide in one of the forums, stickied, for more on the rotations). <---- Best way to increase DPS. Spend the time on a practice dummy to get it down.

1. 164 Hit (with 3/3 precision) is needed unless you ALWAYS run with a space goat, in which case you need less (136 or something) but otherwise, 164 is the target as noted above.

26 Expertise, as noted above.

2. Your ArP is low. Gem strength until you hit ~900 on gear alone, then switch it all to ArP except for 1 nightmare's tear in a blue socket (I think it's usually boots is the best spot to activate a RB socket bonus - it will depend on your gear) to activate your +agility meta (like you have).

The ArP works is each additional point of ArP removes more damage reduction than the last point (because each additional point of armor provides less damage reduction than the last point) until you hit the 1400 hard cap. At some point, ArP becomes more valuable than Str to gem, but I'm not sure what the actual inflection point is (and it varies, learn to use Landsoul's spreadsheet - Thegreatme wrote a good guide stickied in the Damage forum). So maybe if you hit 700 passive (gear only) ArP it will be worth it to switch, or maybe wait until 900ish.

3. Gear --- Check Landsoul's to confirm, but...

Easy Upgrades (5)
    * Replace Pyrite Infuser with Banner of Victory (ToC5 Normal, so it's farmable) 84 ArP, slightly less valuable proc, but damn good trinket
    * Replace your bow with the Triumph Ranged, it has ArP. Later, when you are at the ArP hard cap you can look to upgrade the range.

* Enchant your shoulders - Son's of Hodir shoulder enchant
    * Beserking > Massacre for OH, but it's not a huge difference from what I understand for the OH.
    * I'm coming around on this one - Tusker's for your feet.. I know it gives up any offensive stats (no AP, crit, hit, etc) but with as much movement as there is in ICC, the extra speed does make a difference (especially for avoiding bad things like Blistering Cold on Sindragosa) in fights with more movement, which is almost all of ICC.

Gold Purchaseable Upgrades (2 or 4?)
    For sure, the boots and legs > what you have. However the 264 legs (VoA25, token upgrade 251) are better than the crafted legs. And the boots off LDW 25 are better than the crafted, but they are options. The other two might or might not, you'd need to check Landsoul's. Both the 245 crafted Chest and Wrists have ArP and Crit instead of hit. I'm not sure the stat loss makes it worth while though. Check landsoul's to see.

Frost Emblem
    Probably something like this for a pick order:
    1. Castle Breaker's Chest - it is that much better than your 264 chest.
    2. Vengeful Noose (or whatever the 264 leather frosty belt is called - yes it's leather, but it's better itemized)
    3. Then... gets murky

Maybe something like: Gate Crashers (BiS sub heroic and the 4pc is head, shoulders, chest, legs - gloves are the non-tier piece even with heroics, Google landsoul's spreadsheet for the EJ thread that he's worked out the BiS list)
    Then Str Cloak
    Then Tier Helm

As mentioned above Saurfang's 10m Axe is something you really want. DBW from 25 is obvious. Saurfang 25 leather gloves are BiS (ArP + good stats).

Higher item level does not mean better, you need to look at the goal of the class. Which is:

Big Slow Weapons with great stats (Shadow's Edge + Blade of Culling).
    1400 ArP (or 1360 and always eat the Hearty Rhino for the last 40 ArP)

You have nearly 600 hit. That means you have ~430 itemization points that aren't doing you as much good as better points would (e.g. changing +hit chest, wrist, wep for +ArP chest, wrist, wep). Also, don't be afraid to go below 164 hit on gear. It's okay to gem hit. If you have an item with 50 hit and an item with 60 ArP you're looking at, upgrading to the ArP item and gemming a yellow slot or 2 with hit or +hit+str will result in a higher *good stat* ceiling. Also, if you need it, enchanting your gloves with +20 hit (instead of +40 AP) is a good option, as it costs less than giving up a gem slot you can use for ArP. (20 ArP >> 40 AP).
    Last edited by Loganisis; 09-02-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Didn't look at the OP or anything else in the thread however if you are looking at a DPS player I would recommend the agility/speed boot enchant instead of Tuskar

First of all thanks for the many replies sans the QQs and the L2P attitude. This will certainly be the first step I take to being uber epic.

I never knew my rotation was that important on getting up the recount ladder. Ive normally stayed in zerk stance doing WW > HS > zerk rage and Reck when its ready > bt when it procs then slam when it procs. In order to perfect my rotation should I mainly stay in zerk stance or hit battle stance and overpower (when it procs) then back to zerk stance?

edit: Also is it best for me to have a sword or an axe in my off hand? Because I still have a Bryntoll in my bags enchanted with Zerking.
    Last edited by Dreyfusxano; 09-02-2010 at 02:25 PM.

PvE as Fury Warrior DPS you always stay in Zerk stance (when you get more advanced you can consider weaving stance-dance-rend into free GCDs in your rotation but for the time being just stay in Zerk stance at all times) Overpower is only related to Arms Warriors not Fury.

As far as rotation goes, just see the main Fury thread diagram:

And remember to Heroic Strike as your rage dump at all times when > 50 rage as it is not on the global cooldown timer and is separate from your main ability rotation.

With regard to what weapon to use in your off hand you want to use your hardest hitting, slowest weapon in your Main Hand whatever that happens to be. You are fine at the moment with Shadow's Edge MH and your sword in your OH.

Once more thanks a ton for all the great info and constructive critisim.

I need some clarifications on a few things.

Whats LDW 25? Whats the name of the triumph ranged bow that Loganisis told me about? And what is the "agi/arp ring from triumph emblems" reffered to by bigbad?

LDW25=lady death whisper 25man

ranged is thrown I believe not a bow.
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyfusxano View Post
    Whats LDW 25? Whats the name of the triumph ranged bow that Loganisis told me about? And what is the "agi/arp ring from triumph emblems" reffered to by bigbad?
    - Lady Death Whisper (2nd boss in 25m ICC)
    - Crimson Star (ranged throwing weapon, costs 25 Triumph emblems from ToC Vendor).
    - Dexterous Brightstone Ring (agi/arp ring, costs 35 Triumph emblems from ToC Vendor).

Question if I was to get a battered hilt and get an appropriate sword upgrade would that be good to replace my current off hand?

So with all these new changes now in 4.0.1 should I regem my stuff? Or reforge something?

Red socket = 20 Str gem
    Yellow socket = 10 Str / 10 Crit gem
    Blue socket = 10 Str / 10 Hit gem

Reforge haste on gear toward hit as Fury shoots for the 27% hit cap now after the 4x patch (up from 8% before).

+ Reply to Thread