+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 277 vs 264 chest

277 vs 264 chest

im currently wearing the 264 chest (tanking) from the vender.. tonight, i got the 277 chest drop off h rot.

the increases are dramatic, but so are the decreases. ill loose 1061 armor, and 82 expertise. i am at roughly 33k armor unbuffed and a a expertise raiting of 34. which is better? gogogo.

ps- armor loss have any effect on the threat gen of my damage shield or ss?

You wont see a threat loss from one item change. Realistically your threat primarily comes from using your abilities correctly, followed by spec/glyphs, and MD or Tricks. Expertise and Hit are bottom of the barrel in threat generation.

When considering an upgrade as a tank these days your only concerns are Armor, Health, and number of sockets you can stick +30 stam gems in. If the upgrade has more potential to increase your EH (armor +stam) its worth using.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    You wont see a threat loss from one item change. Realistically your threat primarily comes from using your abilities correctly, followed by spec/glyphs, and MD or Tricks. Expertise and Hit are bottom of the barrel in threat generation.

When considering an upgrade as a tank these days your only concerns are Armor, Health, and number of sockets you can stick +30 stam gems in. If the upgrade has more potential to increase your EH (armor +stam) its worth using.
    thanks.. i appreciate it.

as for the ehp.. its a 1000 armor loss. so thats like 3000 ehp w/block.

I don't see how the 277 H Rotface chest is an upgrade unless you need the extra health for a magic encounter

-1061 armor (~90 stamina)
    +32 Sta

Trade 82 exp for 69 hit

122 Def + 122 Dodge (~3% pre-diminishing returns) for 108 Def for a net of +14 Def + 122 dodge

From a threat standpoint Exp > Hit and there's more Exp than hit so you're losing out in threat (if you're sub 26 exp then expertise is around 2x as good as hit and above 26 it's as good or better because it reduces parry-hasting on the few fights with it left).

From and EH standpoint 1061 armor > 32 sta (and it's not even close)

You'd gain a small amount of avoidance, but since you're not going to be avoided hits often enough for the healers to heal reactively, they're going to continue pro-actively healing, the extra armor means it's more likely you'll stay topped off without nuke healing.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I have the rotface 277 chest for tanking keleseth, otherwise its cataclysmic plate until I get a T10.277 emblem

+ Reply to Thread